• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Juliets Might Not Be Juliets :(

SpliceD said:
If you go Customize your Juliets, you can still get hammerstems on the polished frame.

I might have to pick up another pair of Juliets soon. I only like the hammerstem models.

I have the same pair the OP has only mine are the Polished Juliets with Fire Iridium Polarized:

**Ignore the "Custom" box. These are the 1st gen serialized Juliets. I have the box. I just used the "Custom" box as a background when i was taking pics of my entire collection.

I saw that they are still on the custom version so maybe they are in a limited production although my intuition is yelling BS. What generation of Juliet had the skull on the coin?

Last edited by a moderator:
ExMetal said:
SpliceD said:
If you go Customize your Juliets, you can still get hammerstems on the polished frame.

I might have to pick up another pair of Juliets soon. I only like the hammerstem models.

I have the same pair the OP has only mine are the Polished Juliets with Fire Iridium Polarized:

**Ignore the "Custom" box. These are the 1st gen serialized Juliets. I have the box. I just used the "Custom" box as a background when i was taking pics of my entire collection.

I saw that they are still on the custom version so maybe they are in a limited production although my intuition is yelling BS. What generation of Juliet had the skull on the coin?

Nah yours aren't any different, mine are exactly the same. Polished fire with fire polzairzed

Last edited by a moderator:
HJames2990 said:
ExMetal said:
Does your have the skull coin?

No mine has the thinner one with the cursive juliet on one side and the x metal symbol on the other

Oh ok my serialized Ruby Juliet has the flatter coin but my Polished Fire Juliet has the skull coin. Isn't the skull coin 2nd gen?

ExMetal said:
HJames2990 said:
ExMetal said:
Does your have the skull coin?

No mine has the thinner one with the cursive juliet on one side and the x metal symbol on the other

Oh ok my serialized Ruby Juliet has the flatter coin but my Polished Fire Juliet has the skull coin. Isn't the skull coin 2nd gen?

The thicker coin with the skull (and the other revised coins) came out in 2009 with the revised boxes. All this coincided with the addition of the Hydrophobic lenses. Remember that serials ceased in December 2004.

I found out something interesting today, the X Squared frame hurts if you have them on for 4+ hours straight. It causes alot of discomfort behind the tops of the ears.

ExMetal said:
I found out something interesting today, the X Squared frame hurts if you have them on for 4+ hours straight. It causes alot of discomfort behind the tops of the ears.

I've had that problem with a lot of Oakleys, what I figured out was that I was actually flexing my face muscles without realizing it and tightening up the muscles behind my ears. Now I can wear my Oakleys all the time without the pain. Maybe it's the same for you, try relaxing your face muscles

Back