• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Name Is CarGuy And I Have A Problem...

I'm from the 'Nati, I drove the s/c car with my wife.

Welcome, if your name is CarGuy, what kind of cars are you into? :)

Fair question which I will try to answer without sounding like a DB...

Short answer: the faster the better and I've liked cars as long as I can remember. My oldest memory is being 4 and riding to church on the console of my Grandfathers 1962 Impala SS. You used to be able to get away with sh*t like that!

Detail: older cars that are in great shape whose values have been ravaged by depreciation, that is my preference.
I don't mind not having a "new" car. They're used the minute they roll off the lot and I focus on odd stuff with limited production that you just can't take your eyes off of- just like X Metals. Ones that I can buy outright and have to carry only liability insurance on while I save for the next one. I wind up keeping them for a while.

The one that I have had the longest is my 1984 Mustang SVO (9844 made), I bought that a year old in 1985 when I was a (young) Marine Corporal.
18 years ago I restored a '69 Mustang Convertible which I still have (collectors insurance is cheapest!), an NSX (collectors coverage too, 9800 imported to NA), a 91 Gen1 Legend Coupe (30K miles), a Phaeton (my wife's baby, 4000 imported to NA), my DD is a Cayenne TT-S (low production), a slammed Honda Fit and some others for utility use.

I'm on the older side (50) and I've made it a point to stay out of debt. Avoiding interest is the smartest way to stretch your budget. Not the easiest, but the smartest. I doubled my house payments and paid it off fairly quickly. I've saved a lot of coin in my lifetime by just living within my means, biding my time, looking for the right situations and making lucky decisions.

So whose "double" are you?

Did you have a s/c 98 ITR? I am trying to recall with supercharged caR was at VIR. You got some pretty sweet cars. How many do you still have?

Check out the pic I posted in my intro thread.

Very nice, I myself have been into anything with wheels since I was small thanks to the passion my father had. I know exactly what you mean too, it's always nice having something else you don't see everyday. Something different than the norm. I've been working on a 62 Belair wagon which isn't your typical grocery getter and I'm into Harley's too.
You've got some great rides CarGuy!! Any chance that NSX is yellow? You should post some pics when you get a chance...
I deal with finances every day, I wish more people took the approach you did.

Did you have a s/c 98 ITR? I am trying to recall with supercharged caR was at VIR. You got some pretty sweet cars. How many do you still have?

Check out the pic I posted in my intro thread.

I wasn't at VIR, I was at Mitch's after a meet at Stevens Acura and I thought that I met you there. The IT-R will become an even more collectable car in the furure. I wish I had one but my driveway is pretty full...

Very nice, I myself have been into anything with wheels since I was small thanks to the passion my father had. I know exactly what you mean too, it's always nice having something else you don't see everyday. Something different than the norm. I've been working on a 62 Belair wagon which isn't your typical grocery getter and I'm into Harley's too.
You've got some great rides CarGuy!! Any chance that NSX is yellow? You should post some pics when you get a chance...
I deal with finances every day, I wish more people took the approach you did.

My dad has never cared about cars, none of my three sons either. I wish that I had that to share with them but they're 29, 27 and 17 so if they did I'd probably know by now. Everybody is wired differently but that is what makes the world go around.
We saved over 110K just by paying our house off early. Just that. People don't understand how profound that is. Instead of giving it to Angelo Mozillo I used a little:

6965603130_34e2107ca7.jpg

Attachments

• 6965603130_34e2107ca7.jpg
    6965603130_34e2107ca7.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 143
Yeah, you're probably right, my brother is completely into hunting and I'm into cars, the two things my dad enjoys. My brother and I don't have many same interests besides our faith in God and love for our familys.
Love the NSX, is that the NSX-R wing and Advan wheels? You clearly know how to do them right ;)

Yeah, you're probably right, my brother is completely into hunting and I'm into cars, the two things my dad enjoys. My brother and I don't have many same interests besides our faith in God and love for our familys.
Love the NSX, is that the NSX-R wing and Advan wheels? You clearly know how to do them right ;)

Are you a twin, is that why you are double?

You do know your Hondas! That is a Downforce R wing as well as DF vented hood and DF CF side scoops. The wheels are Advan RS-D with S2K "H" wheel caps and the rest of the car has been rebadged as a Honda including a JDM airbag. The only thing that still says "Acura" is the cassette door. Remember cassettes? It doesn't matter, when you have VTEC you don't need a radio.

To me this pic shows the difference in the Honda and Acura brands. The Legend is a cruiser, the NSX is a bottle rocket:

6966743470_6e7ef4de16.jpg

Attachments

• 6966743470_6e7ef4de16.jpg
    6966743470_6e7ef4de16.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 160
No, my email starts with my first two initials, aa, so my buddies started calling me double.
What year is your NSX and how long have you owned it? Have any pics of your 69 Mustang?

Back