• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Name Is CarGuy And I Have A Problem...

3 years for the NSX. Three awesome years of walking backwards away from the furthest parking spot. Was supercharged, now a turbo.

The Mustang is, again, red. You don't really usually get to pick the color of a used car, sometimes they fall into your lap- as mine did when the original owner drove it into where I worked. I was covering the receptionists desk during lunch and this gentleman pulled in to pick-up a will call. I told him that I liked Mustangs and had my 84 SVO and that like everyone else in the free world, if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know. He said that his wife had gotten melanoma and could really not enjoy the car anymore and asked me if I would give him 6K for it and I did. I found the money. and it was a lot of money for me at the time with 2 teenage sons and a new baby boy.

It was a stripped down Mustang but a nice, clean, one owner, red 69 Mustang. Every winter for years I restored it little by little, locating and installing on it the options that I would have ordered it with. Hood scoop, console, Boss air dam, 8 track, dual exh, Magnum 500 wheels, 4 barrel, hipo manifolds, dash clock, remote mirrors- you get the point.

7117534219_20298dbfdf.jpg

Beautiful car! There is a 62 Impala convertible close by to where I live and I've been trying to buy it for years. The owner hasn't had it out for close to 20 years and needs completely redone but can't get him to let go of it.

Awesome cars! I also love the 2dr Legend. Before I bought my Honda Insight I was really on the look out for an Acura 2 dr Legend. Those are so hard to come by and to come by in good condition especially without the rear cancer. Awesome Mustang too!

Some recent mods to the Legend, 29K miles. Lowered, tinted and Koenig Zeros:
7118724771_11d6952bcc.jpg

Not that I haven't been waiting for this with the recent spate of Lazurus threads but I figured for Frank rather than you Paulie.
I actually reviewed some old posts just yesterday to.see if any editing was in order lol.
Have a great day bros!

The funniest thing is: "I don't know, 30 some pair (almost scared to count) and a couple of O-squared towers later and I'm still bit. Honestly- except for a polished/ slate Ichiro- maybe the fever is close to breaking."
At 30 pair and 2 towers, 4 years ago I thought I was about done. That's hilarious. Now at 10 towers/cubes housing 160 pair I can say that I really am too scared to count.
Maybe the fever is close to breaking. Bwaaaaaahaha!

Lol for some reason i stumbled upon this post when i was searching " xmetal value" as i noticed recently the steady decline in value for most pieces. I still believe some pieces command high value, but most are in decline.

Back