• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My New Case

stoudty1

Oakley Expert
PA
So last week I saw a post in the Deals and steals section from Dyeraudio about a display case that was for sale on Craigslist in Virginia. I contacted the guy immediately, and told him I would take it. We went back and forth and I agreed to drive down on Saturday (January 14) to pick it up. At the last minute he told me that he did not have the keys for it. His original asking price was only $150, and he gave it to me for $125 because he didnt have the key.

I live in Pennsylvania, so I had quite the trip in front of me. I rented a SUV Friday night, since I didnt want to add uncesscary miles to my car. I left the house at 4AM Saturday morning, and started the long journey to southern Virginia. I was supposed to call the guy when I was 30 minutes away so he could come meet me. I was so nervous as I was about to call. I kept thinking about the worst possible thing. Imagined that he didnt answer the phone or told me it was sold. So I called and he answered and told me he would meet me at his shop, where the case was.:smile:

Got there about 9:30, loaded the case up and began driving home. He also threw in 6 display card holders, a single sunglass stand, a double sunglass stand, and some random display cards.

After 634 roundtrip miles and close to 12 hours on the road, I made it home in time to drop the case off, and rush to return the rental car. This is what awaited me when I got home.

Havent tried the lights yet, but it has the cord to plug it in.
dsc01387m.jpg

By stoudty1 at 2012-01-21

As I mentioned before, it did not have a key. I posted in the same link that it was advertised about it missing a key. Doowutchyalike was nice enough to hook me up with a key for FREE!! Sent it to me and i got it Wednesday. Thanks again for the key Brent!! Opened the bottom up and there were 2 boxes in there, one had a brown microfiber bag in it. Also had flourescent lightbulbs in a box, and teh instructions on how to put the case together.

dsc01388gu.jpg

By stoudty1 at 2012-01-21

Overall I am so happy with this. Spent alot of time in the car, but with the rental car and gas, I still have less than $250 into this case. I was originally going to sell my old aluminum case, but I think I am going to keep both for now.

Niceee!! That is such a steal $125 for a Double Wide Black Display!! I am so jealous! I love the black displays and am always on the hunt for a cheap one!

Dang dude, I just now saw this post. Glad you got everything squared away. Looks much better when you filler up huh?

Back