• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My New Inmates Stink

I'm sorry. I figured it was related in someway due to it was a question on an inmate?

I owned the deviations. I own the black and warm grey immates. And the grey black iridium frame. The inmates wrap more then the deviations, but they are heavier. Inmates are better in my opinion.

I tried the vinegar and now it smells like Axe body spray and vinegar. Tried alcohol next and it got rid if the vinegar smell but the Axe is still strong like bull. If I wear these out other people will smell me that's how string these things smell. I finally got the bag smell free by washing it twice the soaking it overnight in dawn. The case is a lost cause. It's on my deck, has been for days now, opened up. When I walk out there the smell still smacks you. Wow!

Bit random I know but I have a plastic lunch box that often by use ends up smelling, I just purlt a piece of charcoal in and pop the lid on leave it a day or 2 and the smell is gone, maybe put them in a container with charcoal in?
Theory behind it is that the charcoal absorbs the odour..

Try putting them in a ziplock bag with baking soda. But be careful not to get too much on the glasses as it is an abrasive. I would also suggest this for the case.

Back