• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My New Jupiter Collection

Moustachio

Oakley Beginner
Colorado
I bought a pair of Matte Black w/ Blk Ir Pol Jupiter Squared several months ago, but ended up trading them for a pair of Maui Jims I really wanted. Ever since the trade, I missed the Jupiter Squared so much I finally went out and got myself a pair... or 3.

JupiterFactoryLite.jpg

My new Jupiter Factory Lite in the Silver w/ Black Iridium

JupiterWoodgrain.jpg

The Jupiter Squared Woodgrain w/ Tungsten Iridium Polarized

JupiterWhite.jpg

and my Jupiter Squared Matte White w/ Black Iridium Polarized

I also got a set of Jade and Chrome lenses for the Jupiter Squared, and planning on picking up the Matte Black Factory Lite and getting more lenses for those once they start selling them.

These pairs all fit SOOO nice and fit my style so well. My new favorite Oakley design ever.

those woodgrains are sick

They've started selling them at my store... so you might be able to find them at a Sunglass Hut. I also know N3L has been selling them. And of course, online.

The texture of the omatter is sick. It actually feels like wood, and the frame is light enough it could be wood. It's fooled a few friends of mine.

Very nice. I want the white ones

I kind of want to put black earstem rubbers on them. What do you think? I think it would give it more of that two tone quality, and then maybe I could put the white rubbers on the pair of Matte Black Jupiters I plan on picking up, put my chrome lenses in there to get the same black/white effect, just inverted.

The woodgrains are currently my favorite pair. I thought the texture was funky at first, but now that you mention it, it does feel like wood. The tungsten iridium lens is also fantastic!

I bought one full retail a couple of weeks ago, but then Batwolf put his up for sale here last week and I had to get them because the price was so right! Now, I'm either going to exhange them at the O-store for something else or keep them as back-up. Hmmm...

The woodgrains are currently my favorite pair. I thought the texture was funky at first, but now that you mention it, it does feel like wood. The tungsten iridium lens is also fantastic!

I bought one full retail a couple of weeks ago, but then Batwolf put his up for sale here last week and I had to get them because the price was so right! Now, I'm either going to exhange them at the O-store for something else or keep them as back-up. Hmmm...

It might not be a bad idea to keep the extra pair. As terrific as the Jupiters are, they aren't quite as durable as some other Oakleys, the hinges being the main culprit. They're not breakaway hinges, instead they have a pin, but if you accidentally bend that hinge it becomes really weak... the main reason I traded away my Matte Black pair, because I left it in my bag without a case in just it's microfiber (a very rare thing for me to do), and it got jostled around and bent somehow. If you don't treat these as a bang-around pair they're bloody fantastic.

Waiting on them to make Emerald iridium lenses for these... that would go so cool with the woodgrain.