• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My new (to me) R2

hotrodslp

Oakley Enthusiast
image.jpg image.jpg
Just picked these up from a local craigslist seller. Already stripped them down for the xman repair.
Ping matte black nose and arms with plasma orbitals. Will post after pics! Prolly end up w ruby lenses as well.....

I don't know.....I've some linegear lenses on eBay
But I also heard someone is cutting R2 lenses as well....

I love these glasses. I think the R2 is the most underrated x metal. (Maybe the half X) but I think these are awesome! I would have more if parts weren't so hard to come by. OEM lenses for these things are almost impossible to find. Coins are impossible to find... I have 1 R2 and love it. Would love a x metal finish one or a polished...

Sent them to xman yesterday. Going for a tune up with matte black nose/arms and plasma orbitals. I will post pics when I get them back.

Does anyone know if linegear lenses are any good?

Does anyone know if linegear lenses are any good?

Wow that's a loaded question that's been beaten to death here on the forum and touches a lot of nerves. I suggest you do some forum searching for more info. But, in a nutshell, LG lenses are probably the best of the aftermarkets, but all aftermarkets have inferior optical quality to OEM and devalue your Oaks. Display pieces, fine. Wear pieces, you're much better off with OEM.

You might want to read this thread:

I Am A Believer In Linegear! | Page 3 | Oakley Forum

That's why R2s aren't seen as often - lack of OEM replacement lenses. The cutter mentioned earlier in this thread has been the only one to properly pull it off, and just recently...

Latest Posts

Back