• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My new X squared with shallow water Prizm lens

lenses installed correctly? Yes/no?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

josh609

Oakley Beginner
Just got my lenses last night from @Chris A Hardaway (Thanks Chris!) and installed them into my blank X squared frames I recently bought on the bay. Not sure if the edges of the lenses on the nose side could be pushed in a little further. Any thoughts?
IMG_6021.jpg
IMG_6021.jpg
IMG_6022.jpg
IMG_6023.jpg
IMG_6024.jpg
IMG_6025.jpg

XS is one of the easiest frames to cut lenses for. I’d say you either need tighten up the orbital screw, which you definitely do, or it could be a warranty frame. If it is those lenses won’t fit right. The orbitals are shaped a little different and whoever cuts your lenses needs to know about it before they cut them.

Is there a sku on the arm? Or just size markings?

SKU is OO6011-04 and size markings are 58 (O) 20. Got them from a seller named lipshop3000 in Caracas, Venezuela.

SKU is OO6011-04 and size markings are 58 (O) 20. Got them from a seller named lipshop3000 in Caracas, Venezuela.
The sku would mean it’s not a warranty frame. However! That seller sells Xmetals whole, in pieces, and Frankensteined together. It’s possible that you got warranty orbitals and regular release arms. The only sure way to tell would be to have OEM non cut lenses and see if they fit the same or properly.

The sku would mean it’s not a warranty frame. However! That seller sells Xmetals whole, in pieces, and Frankensteined together. It’s possible that you got warranty orbitals and regular release arms. The only sure way to tell would be to have OEM non cut lenses and see if they fit the same or properly.

These are my second set of x squared lenses I've purchased from Chris Hardaway and the other ones fit just fine. I assume he cuts the same shape for his lenses and he seems to have a pretty good reputation from what I can tell. I must have gotten fleeced again on the frame. Crap!

Make sure the lens is fully in the groove every where and that nothing got into the groove before the lens went in as well...just to be safe.

These are my second set of x squared lenses I've purchased from Chris Hardaway and the other ones fit just fine. I assume he cuts the same shape for his lenses and he seems to have a pretty good reputation from what I can tell. I must have gotten fleeced again on the frame. Crap!
Yeah sounds like you got warranty orbitals. Keep those lenses for backup in your other frame or for the next one you get. Talk to RJ and see if he has a reference for cutting warranty XS frame lenses. I know I don’t, I’ve only cut regular ones.

Latest Posts

Back