• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Newest Pickup

stn51

I NEED ANOTHER FUEL CELL!
got these yesterday all i know about them is they were given away or won at a golf tournament in atlanta, they are fuel cell with the golf ball logo (which ive only seen on hijinx) great looking glasses not sure what the lens is it is not warm grey or black iridium, vr28 maybe not sure they also have THE ATL '10 on the left lens. also the bag needed a good washing. i have a plan for them just ordered some matte black tonals and some black iridium lenses from si and im gonna swap icons and wear the heck out of them.
so are these "grab bag"? ive heard the term but not sure what it means or if these are the type.
100_0553.jpg

I don't think the Grab Bags included Fuel Cells. I know Oakley hosts a golf tourney every year, so those are probably a give away to the players. Most likely a custom for the event, nice pick-up.

i love these and they look real clean except for some small wear marks very very clean im jazzed that the bag came with

strange mine say atl 10 they are awesome i think i might have to swap them still though

Yea most def they are cool...hard to find too, I received mine as a gift didn't even buy them. My guess about the etchings is that O did 2 or more different pro ams, mine came from N. Carolina given out to whom ever played in the tournament.

Just my $0.02 , but given the unusual/rare nature of this piece, I would be leaving it as stock. I would definitely not be swapping out the lenses and icons. They look awesome just as they are - and will draw more admiring glances.

My advice, if you want to mod up a pair of Fuel Cells as you described in the original post, is to just buy a standard polished black frame and mod it up with your choice of lens and icon.
Or buy on Oakley Custom Program.

I would be leaving this golf tourney pair just as they are.

But, each to their own.

i thought about that but the frame that i have is worn has some scratches and the lenses are less than perfect too i might just have to shelf them due to the rarity i guess

Back