• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Oakley Rx Projects

Monkey

Oakley Enthusiast
Earth
Hey Oakley famjam!
I think that this thread has been long time coming, and I finally feel that I have enough Oakley Rx pairs to show what potential is out there.
I'll post pictures and give small descriptions as to what the frames are, and why I decided to go with the lenses I chose.
They are all indeed official Oakley lenses, indicated by the etched "O" watermark on the bottom of the left lens, which I will provide in the second picture of each frame.
Without further adieu, here they are!

First up, are my Flak 2.0 XL with Matte Black Frames, Gunmetal Icons sporting the Prizm Deep Water Polarized. Nothing too excited about this one.
IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

Next up, are my Crosshairs with Polished Chrome frames, sporting the Prizm Deep Water Polarized lenses. They initially came with I believe were the VR28 lenses? (Could be wrong) I wanted to have a very chrome look to them and I originally wanted to have Chrome Iridium Polarized lenses, but unfortunately were unable to since they couldn't do it altogether. I figure that the Prizm Deep Water was the next runner up, and couldn't have been any happier with the results.
IMG_5875.jpg

IMG_5876.jpg

Next are my Whiskers with Satin Chrome frames, sporting the Prizm Sapphire Polarized Lenses. I decided to keep the same colorway as they had come with, since I find that chrome and sapphire compliment each other nicely.
IMG_5883.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg

Right here are the one and only Fuel Cells. The frames are the Krypek Desert Camo, with the Prizm Jade Polarized lenses. They initially came with I believe with Tungsten Polarized lenses, but I wanted more of a colorway what would compliment the frames nicely.
IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

Next are again a pair of Fuel Cells. The frames are the Kryptek Black Camo, sporting the Prizm Black Polarized lenses. They initially came with regular Black Iridium Polarized Lenses, but figure I'd give it the Prizm upgrade!
IMG_5879.jpg

IMG_5880.jpg

Yet another pair of my Fuel Cells. These beauties are the Fallout Collection, Rust Decay Frames sporting the Fire Iridium Lenses. I was on the fence for along time of which lenses I wanted on them. For a time I wanted the Prizm Sapphire Polarized Lenses or Prizm Deep Water Polarized Lenses, being told that rust and any blue color compliment well with each other. In the end, I opted to stick the original lenses that the collection came with.
IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5882.jpg

Here we have one of my Fiance's Deadbolts. The frames are Satin Chrome, and sporting the Prizm Sapphire Polarized Lenses. I believe these came with Prizm Black Polarized lenses, but as I had mentioned before, I find that silver and sapphire compliment each other very nicely. She also agrees!
IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

(Con't)

IMG_5869.jpg

Thanks. You Rx is a fair bit milder than mine, I think I'm -3 & -4 so even with 1.67 index there is some meat to my lens. Your's look nice and thin, very stock like. Nice collection, I think I might need to get me a pair of whiskers like that ...

Thanks. You Rx is a fair bit milder than mine, I think I'm -3 & -4 so even with 1.67 index there is some meat to my lens. Your's look nice and thin, very stock like. Nice collection, I think I might need to get me a pair of whiskers like that ...
Thanks man!
That's the one advantage about having Rx lenses, is that you can choose a variety of other lenses (Prizm or otherwise) to frames that may have lenses you don't like.
I decided to stick to the Prizm Sapphire on the Whiskers, simply because I just like the Prizm Saphhire lens. But, I could've gone Prizm Black, Jade, Golf even if I wanted to.

Back