• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My old Thumps (Battery Life?)..

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
20170404_111934.jpg 20170404_104514.jpg
Bought these back in '05 (or within a year either way). Holds 128 MB, I still love all the songs I have on 'em. They received a good bit of use at the poker tables back then but had been sitting in their case for the last 10 or so years.

Pulled them out last year and charged 'em, still worked great (incredible sound quality.. wish Oakley still made these).

Used them from time to time doing yard work last year but found they would seem to hold less and less of a charge. I am getting the "THUMP-THUMP" low battery warning far too quickly after a full charge.

Anyone know if there is any way to get a new battery for these? I see there are 4 small screws that, it would seem, that hold the cover on the "battery compartment". Anything I can do here?

As a possible side note, I had lost the original USB charge cable I used back in the day and since using them again last year have been using a "non-Oakley" USB cable to charge them. Not sure - kinda doubt - that is making a difference in the amount of juice the battery is getting, thus causing battery problems, but I'm not sure.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

You can find replacement batteries on ebay. Theres a few guys out there on the web that have replacment batteries or will replace the battery for you as well.

It's not related to the cable. It's just an old and dying battery on it's way out. But you could try fully charging it and fully discharging it a few times to try to recondition it. But I doubt it will help that much.

Check this thread out. It's got the info you need if you need to replace the battery.

Split Thump Help

Back