• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My OTT Collection!!

Impressive collection, OakleyBoss84.

Now I'll probably get slammed for this post with a bunch of "lighten up, dude" comments, but...

...as cool as that IH OTT looks, I find a bit un-cool the way a lot of people just slap the IH cross and logo on their IH-wannabes without thinking about what it all means. Those symbols belong to to the foundation, and the IH pairs that are sold wear the logo/cross to signify that a portion of the purchase price has been donated to the IH foundation.

Now, if someone purchases a pair of IH Oaks to cannibalize for another project, that's cool because the foundation has received funds from the purchase of the donor shades. But to just usurp the cross and logo to decorate your sunglasses is not in the spirit of what the Oakley IH progam is all about. Those symbols are property of the foundation. If you want to customize your Oakleys with violet lenses and purple rubbers or trim, that's perfectly fine. Just leave off the IH logos.

And I don't mean to single out OakleyBoss84 here. I know of others who have done this as well. I know that there's no malicious intent on anyone's part...it's just that people aren't stopping to think what the symbols really represent.

I thought long and hard about whether to post this or not...but being a vet myself, I support IH and have a very close personal friend who has directly benefitted from IH-supported programs.

I understand that your sunglasses are your personal property and you can decorate them however you darn well please...but as I said, I personally don't find it right to misuse the symbols just for the "coolness factor". Just my personal view.

Peace, out.
Let me stop U right there Ur judging me Now I don't mean to sounds like An Rude!! But U have no Idea why I decided to Use the Infinite Hero theme Nor do U know what it means to me! Wasn't just a Cool factor or because of purple lens only a idiot would think that! But I have had family who have earned the Purple heart and have died and also have active family who is still in the military so this Shield means a lot to me other than a Cool factor! Now go look in a mirror and realize at how foolish U look judging someone U don't even know thinking U would put me in my Place to prove a point about something U had now idea about just assuming! Thank U for Ur Service to this Country and yes I do support the IH program very much and proudly wear anything IH knowing what the shield means to me and others good day Sir!

Great stuff you got there. :)

I think you might be taking MrMoonlight the wrong way. He wasn't slamming you at all in my opinion. The way I took it was it is about the foundation and the proceeds of sales that go to the foundation.

I think if you reread MrMoonlights post again you would see he does mention about how the IH foundation receives funds on sales.

Now, if someone purchases a pair of IH Oaks to cannibalize for another project, that's cool because the foundation has received funds from the purchase of the donor shades.

Great stuff you got there. :)

I think you might be taking MrMoonlight the wrong way. He wasn't slamming you at all in my opinion. The way I took it was it is about the foundation and the proceeds of sales that go to the foundation.

I think if you reread MrMoonlights post again you would see he does mention about how the IH foundation receives funds on sales.
It's OK, Frank.

I contacted OakleyBoss84 and tried to make it right by him by deleting the orginal post, and said he could delete my quote from his post in order to return this thread to normal. I assume he decided against that, but that's OK...I made my bed, so I have to lie in it. In hindsight, it probably would have wiser to address this topic in a brand new thread, so as not to implicate the OP. But unfortunately what's been written has been written, so I have to deal with it. Live and learn.

But I'm glad at least you understand where I was coming from. I did say "I know that there's no malicious intent on anyone's part." But regardless of one's personal feelings toward the foundation or how many of your relatives have served and what honors they've received (which was never questioned nor is the issue here at all), one is still misappropriating the logos, IMO. Now I did say in my original post that anyone is free to decorate their private property "however you darn well please". And that's exactly what the OP did. Fine. I don't have to agree with it...and I don't. But as I mentioned, that's my own personal opinion. Others may see it differently.

My basic point is simply that I believe some people take the unauthorized use of the IH logos too casually.

Latest Posts

Back