• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- My/Our Disastrous TN Move ... (A Photo Essay)

Had not seen this until today. Sent you a PM. When we lose folks in our lives there's always one being that is always there to hold us up. You know who that is.

I appreciate the kind words ... sincerely.

Everything had been going beyond great, ... then eighteen days in I get a call from my Mom that Pop had fallen & was real bad.

I grabbed the next flight home & essentially said "Goodbye" to him as he died early Easter Sunday morning ... just had services Friday night for him. I'll be flying back down this coming Thursday.

I do not think there has been a rougher sixty-day span in my life ... let alone the previous 9-10 months that he had been doing everything to recover from that friggin' open-heart quad-bypass surgery BS.

Oh my gosh. I'm so so sorry for all your rough times. I know it sucks when your property and stuff gets damaged,destroyed, or even stolen but that is just material things that can be replaced or fixed. The hardest is when you lose a family member or friend. Unfortunately that is something that can't be replaced. I list my mom in 2012 and it is horrible loss. I wish I could do or say anything to make it better but I can't. My mom battled cancer for 4 years and her last Christmas she went to Walmart and bought me a Leather Tenn. Wallet and it is my most cherished thing I own. To others it may sound silly but it means the world to me cause it was the last thing she ever bought me again so sorry for your loss and I'm glad you got to go see and spend Se time with him before he passed away.

I don't know if you still live in Oak Ridge if so your a neighbor. I live just south of Knoxville in a city called Maryville. Hope you still enjoy it here. I hate the Hot and humid weather we are having right now but in few more weeksif will be my favorite. weather. I love it when it gets into 60 to 70's amd going to the mountains like Foothills Parkway or Even the Dragon to look a f all the beautiful leaves changing colors.

Back