• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My R1 Custom Cut Lens....

djhyper66

I should Work at Oakley
Southern Cali
Pretty happy how the big taco 24k polarize lens look on the R1. It has pretty stressful dealing with the Crack issues of R1s.

Dr.Chop cut the lens with grooves in the lens to help prevent the frames from digging into the lens. Now I'm wear the shades with a little less worries!!
uploadfromtaptalk1407276615272.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407276624832.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407276635842.jpg

That 24k looks great in those frames!! I alos have custom cut lenses in my R1 to prevent the OEM lenses from further getting cracked.

And any lenses other than bid taco? Preferably something that comes in violet or emerald iridium? Possibly polarized?

And any lenses other than bid taco? Preferably something that comes in violet or emerald iridium? Possibly polarized?

I hear XMM does excellent work. I've done business with IH and his work was also excellent. He told me he can do custom cuts for all x-metal frames except R2 from BT donors in these colors:

Ruby, ruby polar, Violet Polar, Violet, Em Polar, Chrome, Chrome Polar, Jade, 24k polar, bi, bip, Ice Polar, Tungsten, Fire

So that covers violet polar and emerald polar. And I think he can do others from other donors. You'd have to ask him. He'll source the donors for you, if you want; it's actually easier.

And I'm not knocking XMM; he likely is able to provide at least identical service, though they use different cutting methods. I just haven't done business with him so I can't say either way. But plenty of others have so he must be doing something right...

Thx for imput. Now i can bid on those romeo i saw on ebay!:agree: Sorry wrong symbol. I thought it was the 'bow down' smiley.

Back