• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My random assortment

Thanks everyone, and i can agree that a display case would be the next milestone in my collection. I have looked around a bit at the cases and still havnt really landed on one in specific that i want to buy yet. Im thinking double wide in order to have room for growth, but there are a few styles out there to pick from. And i might even consider building my own Oakley inspired case instead if i can come up with a design i like.

Id actually like to see some cases that were Oakley inspired builds if theres any pictures of it around ^^^

im stuck in the design phase at the moment i kinda stopped working on it for a bit now trying to get inspiration lol, The actual build will be relatively easy i think once i find a design as i have a full machine and fab shop at my disposal

my original thought was to try to style a case similar to a pair of plates since they have kind of a wild design. with something to mimic the offset plates that would look like armor on the case, but i havnt been able to get a model concept that looks good yet.

That case looks really good just like a real Oakley case, i actually found your thread on the build after some looking. is the redesign going to be metal then? or are you going to stick with wood?

That case looks really good just like a real Oakley case, i actually found your thread on the build after some looking. is the redesign going to be metal then? or are you going to stick with wood?
Prob stick with MDF since it’s so cheap. I did everything by hand originally, so routing the entire thing will be 10x easier and more accurate, specifically he rabbet joints. This also saves me the step of drilling out the holes perfectly aligned for the little metal shelf holders haha.

Yea that would cut the time down quite a bit, computer controls make everything easier lol

Back