• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Small Collection Of OAKLEY Watches.......

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here is my collection of OAKLEY watches that I have collected over the years.

GetAttachmentq_zps1c503e9f.jpg

I was curious also, on your O watches with battery. I do not wear mine a whole lot but do wear them, I pull out pin when not wearing them to conserve battery life. Does anyone else do this?

I dont, because its far better to need to replace the battery than have the lubrication in the watch coagulate or dry up, then need an expensive service or get damaged internally. a running watch is a happier watch. granted, Quartz movements arent as sensitive since theres less moving parts.

in AUTO watches, you NEVER "hack" the movement.. it can damage the balance wheel (depending on the braking mechanism). always leave it running is the best. keeps all the parts moving and happy.

Hmmm. I do wear them just not everyday. I dont really ever wear the timebomb because can't get it wound enough to keep the right time for a whole day.

Hmmm. I do wear them just not everyday. I dont really ever wear the timebomb because can't get it wound enough to keep the right time for a whole day.

the timebomb is kinetic, and runs a quartz movement. if you have it fully charged, it will last a good 7-8 days... so even if you wear it every other day ONCE IT IS CHARGED it should be fine..wear it a few days in a row to charge it properly. Its not good for the capacitor to be left discharged... spoils the charge capacity.

even if you only wear your other watches once a week, its still better to just leave them to run. that way u dont need to reset the time everytime, and also, some watch systems dont actually save battery with the crown out. the mechanism inside still keeps going, only the gears are disconnected so you dont save any battery at all...

i say let them run..

Here is my collection of OAKLEY watches that I have collected over the years.

GetAttachmentq_zps1c503e9f.jpg

You gotta pretty cool collection of Oakley watches. Loved them all especially the red one.

I was curious also, on your O watches with battery. I do not wear mine a whole lot but do wear them, I pull out pin when not wearing them to conserve battery life. Does anyone else do this?

Yeah my father use to do it before the era of automatic watches. After coming from work he always use to pull the pin and stop the watch before putting it in the closet & going to sleep to save battery. That doesn't save battery but I noticed that the battery life was shortened. I'd advice you to always keep the watches running. It even affects the mechanism.

On some of Oakley's newer watches, it actually states to pull out the pin to conserve battery life. (It's in the owner's manual)

Back