• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Small Collection

Finally, what @hereispunishment was getting at with asking for a pic of the bottom of the box. Where the box is three-piece and a picture label is used, said label should wrap around to the bottom of the box. Note also the font used for "Frame" and the varying thickness of the loop in the "l" in "Juliet". They did a better job on the boxes than the glasses but there are still a few telltales. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it does mean you should be going for a refund of the whole price of the Juliet, not letting the seller off the box.

image.jpg

Thinking about it too, the fake box has no barcode info at all - how would you get it into, or out of, a point of sale system? The answer of course is that you wouldn't, it was never meant to go through a legitimate PoS and the fakers didn't really think it through. Sorry if it feels like I'm hammering the point home but this could be a useful salutary lesson for others in the future. Enjoy the rest of the collection!

Thinking about it too, the fake box has no barcode info at all - how would you get it into, or out of, a point of sale system? The answer of course is that you wouldn't, it was never meant to go through a legitimate PoS and the fakers didn't really think it through. Sorry if it feels like I'm hammering the point home but this could be a useful salutary lesson for others in the future. Enjoy the rest of the collection!

No worries! I appreciate all the help. It's definitely a learning experience. I've had the pair for over a year so no clue how to get in touch with that seller at this point. Guess this means I'm looking for some Juliets next :)

Latest Posts

Back