• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My small Frog pond + guests

Ben G

Oakley Expert
Essex, UK
So it's about time I post up my small collection thus far, rather than just lurk about the forum learning about the way of the 'O'

First up are my "Daily wearers " which, living in the uk in winter, are not currently getting much love. The Rossi's are my first frogs, soon as I saw them in an airport, I had to get a pair, but not at crazy airport prices! After finding this place and learning the history of the frogs, plus a couple random googles later, I saw the skate decks and knew that they were "me" in my style. I appreciate the worn look so not too worried if they get 'worn' more.

The minutes are/ were my first Oakleys ever, had them for over a decade now (when did they first come out?) and they've been everywhere with me! Despite the logo being almost worn off and the unobtainium socks getting a bit loose, the lenses are virtually unmarked. The halfwire 2.0's I got a few years back to replace the minutes. Love the design and how they fit but after reading on here about how the hinges are likely to go in time, I'm saving them for special occasions now, just incase!
image.jpg

Now the rest of my small pond. I guess it's not worth listing out all the names, as I'm sure you've seen them dozens of times before, but here's my attempt and trying to photograph a group of glasses, which I've never tried before, harder than it looks, lol.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes I've doubled-up on the Rossi's and the skate-decks, those two needed to have one for staring and one for wearing, lol. I think the sapphire lenses on the heaven & earth matte blues are amazing, a really striking colour to look at (at some point I'll have to get another pair too I think), although my favourite over-all so far are the Jupiter Camos, just soo cool!

image.jpg

Although I'm a touch paranoid they might be fakes, I'm sure they're not, they seem legit (weigh exactly the same as every other pair I have and they have the right box & Jupiter sticker) just that I read a lot on here about These getting faked a lot, I'm sure they're not though.

I also 'made' myself a pair of safety glasses to wear at work when drilling/ sanding metal, etc.

image.jpg

Got a pair really cheap off ebay as the violet lenses were pretty badly scratched up, so bought up a set of revants and away I go! At least I think I look cool at work, only a couple of colleagues *kinda* agree, haha

I also have a thing for Jupiter squared frames, got the Rossi & Loeb ones, also have a matte black/ black irridium pair I keep in the car, just incase the sun does break out!

image.jpg

Lastly I acquired a pair of Juliet's off of a mates mate, for their age and considering he used them a lot, the lenses are almost mint, only 1 tiny chip on 1 lens. The rubbers are all shot though, was looking into sending them to Oakley for a tune up, but after coming here, I'm thinking the X-Man is the man to speak to :) I do have the box (very battered) and coin somewhere too.

image.jpg

And that's it for now... I have another couple I bought heading my way from the bay right now, but for now I might ease up for a bit and try and pick out some more special editions! Been inspired by a lot of collections on here, hopefully mine will continue to grow too.

Cheers for reading :)

Nice write-up and interesting collection. Definitely give the Juliets some care!

I know what you mean about photographing groups, it was a pain getting my Juliets together as in my avatar and then finding interesting ways of displaying them for the shots.

Thanks for the comments :) There's something about a pair of frogs, their clean simple minimalist design, taking the inspiration from that 'other brands' flagship plastic frame design and just improving it. And that light weight o matter frame, it's like you're not even wearing them!

At some point I'll pick up a pair of polished black with black irridium as that's the definitive (if but vanilla) look IMHO, I have a pair of LX's in that colour way as you can see, but I just can't get on with them. Yes the quality 'feels' nicer with the smoother acetate frames, and I really like the metal logos, but they are just noticeably heavier and just don't seem to fit me as well :-/

Got another set of crystal black with positive red come through off ebay, second hand but the lenses are pretty mint, so decided to put them in the skate deck's, I think the red/blue of the lense goes with the frame perfectly..

image.jpg

At some point will have to think about getting a display case and setting these all up, lol

Back