• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My small Frog pond + guests

Thanks for the comments :) There's something about a pair of frogs, their clean simple minimalist design, taking the inspiration from that 'other brands' flagship plastic frame design and just improving it. And that light weight o matter frame, it's like you're not even wearing them!

At some point I'll pick up a pair of polished black with black irridium as that's the definitive (if but vanilla) look IMHO, I have a pair of LX's in that colour way as you can see, but I just can't get on with them. Yes the quality 'feels' nicer with the smoother acetate frames, and I really like the metal logos, but they are just noticeably heavier and just don't seem to fit me as well :-/

Got another set of crystal black with positive red come through off ebay, second hand but the lenses are pretty mint, so decided to put them in the skate deck's, I think the red/blue of the lense goes with the frame perfectly..

View attachment 118654

At some point will have to think about getting a display case and setting these all up, lol
The +red sure is nice, but think about blue iridium, ice or the new saphire ... :)

The sapphire would be spot on, but I couldn't bring myself to remove them from the matte blue frames :-/ Should've have taken advantage of the Black Friday deal I got on them, but funds didn't allow. One day another set will come up at the right price :)

Thanks for the comments :) There's something about a pair of frogs, their clean simple minimalist design, taking the inspiration from that 'other brands' flagship plastic frame design and just improving it. And that light weight o matter frame, it's like you're not even wearing them!

At some point I'll pick up a pair of polished black with black irridium as that's the definitive (if but vanilla) look IMHO, I have a pair of LX's in that colour way as you can see, but I just can't get on with them. Yes the quality 'feels' nicer with the smoother acetate frames, and I really like the metal logos, but they are just noticeably heavier and just don't seem to fit me as well :-/

Got another set of crystal black with positive red come through off ebay, second hand but the lenses are pretty mint, so decided to put them in the skate deck's, I think the red/blue of the lense goes with the frame perfectly..

View attachment 118654

At some point will have to think about getting a display case and setting these all up, lol

These look awesome

Cheers dude!

So after fixing the wonky leg on the crystal black frame that the pos red's came from (is this a common problem on frogs, the leg mount didn't quite sit right on the right leg & would pop off really easily? The left leg of the skates did this too but fixed that at the same time) I decided to put the clear lenses in them as my 'safety glasses' as I think they look better... keeping eyes metal flake free in style!

image.jpg

Also tried them on my mates MC Snowman to improve on his non-removable pair, but I don't think he was having any of it!

image.jpg

Back