• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Story...

Thedude4bides

Oakley Beginner
Greetings all-

I have been an "Oakley guy" since 2004. Not a fanboi or anything of the sort, but just a guy who goes with quality things. As a baseball player, durability and functionality are key. My first pair were the half-jackets with polarized lenses (vr28-like, but I don't think they were called that). They did well and I had a few pairs of lenses that I regularly swapped in and out depending on wha the occasion called for... until my friends dog tore them to bits in 2009.

Then I picked up some flak jackets to replace them, despite the fact that I had 3 pairs of lenses for the half-jackets. I liked the thicker sturdier frames and the rubber was on there pretty solid (unlike the half jackets lol). Once again, life was good.

Fast forward to a drunken moment at the Blue Mt ski area this past spring. I somehow left my beloved Oakleys behind :(

The next day I went back to check the lost and found. I knew it was a long shot but I had to try. The security guard told me that L&F was in the tune shop. So I headed over there and asked the guy tuning skis about the lost and found. He said he wasn't authorized to show me and he radio'd to someone to come help me. Five minutes go by and nothing. He radios again. Another five minutes go by and this guy walks in with his hands stuffed in a bag of potato chips WEARING THE EXACT GLASSES I LOST!!!

He asks how he can help me and I explained why I was there. He immediately got defensive and blurted out "these are mine, dude!". I'm like OK... either deck this guy and get arrested or just accept I was an idiot and left them behind. He wouldn't let me see the serial number (which I would have had a hard time finding after 3 years) so I was just like "screw it".

I still get pissed thinking about it. So anyway, that is what prompted me to go to an Oakley store once again. And there they were... staring at me like an angel in a shaft of blue light. The plasma ice Juliet's.

Thanks for the welcomes!

If karma is real, then it follows that I had that coming... Musta been fromall the ruckus I caused when I was 13 haha:)

he will get his!!!!! there is a special place in hell for oakley thieves!!!!!!

Back