• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Sunglasses Collection, From Portugal

pirucas

Oakley Beginner
hi,

this is the first time I shot some photos of my collection of sunglasses and I confess I never had put them all together.
unlike the other collections that appear in this forum, mine is divided by half between Oakley (12 so far) and other brands (10 pairs of Rayban, Arnette, Façonnable, Bollé, Ralph Lauren and Decathlon - is an european multi-sports brand ).

in relation to Oakley, the collection began in 1997 with Straight Jacket Pearl White w / Black Iridium and then grew with the purchase of several Oakley models and from other brands before reaching the current 22.

are all them are as I bought them and the only difference is the recent customization I made with the 3 Holbrooks I have (painted white and a pair of lenses mounted in VL 2 of them)

since I came to the forum, I started to want to grow the collection and the next step will habe to be the buying of a pair of Frogskins and another of Dispatch. in the top of my wishlist are the Goldbrooks and I'm joining some money to buy a pair.

the models I use the most are:
Oakley Chrome Plaintiff
Arnette Fire Drill red / black w / polarized lenses gradient
X-Metal XX w / Black Iridium
Façonnable Sporting w / Chrome polarized Rayban lenses

I hope you like it and am waiting for your comments.

and here are the photos!

they are dysplayed like this:
Pearl White Straight Jacket w/ Back Iridium -- Brown Rootbeer Holbrook w/ Grey Polarized -- Hijinx w/ Grey Polarized -------------- Arnette ---- Ray Ban
Bronze Monster Dog w/ Titanium ----------- Polished Black Hoolbrook w/ Ice Blue VL ------ Cinder Red Oil Drum w/ Black Iridium ---- Bollé ---Arnette
Crystal Blacl Monster Dog w/ Black Iridium -- custom white Hoolbrook w/ Fire Red VL ----------------------------------- Ray Ban -- Façonnable
Black Monster Doggle w/ Grey Polarized ----- Chrome Plaintiff --------------------------------------------------------- Ray Ban -- Decathlon
Crystal Brown Gascan w/ Bronze ----------- X-Metal XX w/ Black Iridium ---------------------------------------------- Ralph Lauren --Decathlon

pc230530.jpg

pc230532.jpg

pc230534.jpg

pc230536.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for sharing your collection with us. . . .
what would you say if you have to compare your Oakley glasses with the other companies you have?

Its nice when someone takes the time to lay everything out and take a bunch of pix to share with us. Thanks for doing that!!!!

thank you for sharing your collection with us. . . .
what would you say if you have to compare your Oakley glasses with the other companies you have?

this is one of those questions that have much more than only one answer: each one of us has something to say and a most favorite brand.

in my case, Oakley is the brand that I like the most but as I just buy the models what I use, there are some frames in Oakley range that would never buy. also for that reason, when I see a model from other brand that I like, also ended up buying it.

the way I see it, the "problem" of Oakley, for those who are not collectors, is that the design is very avant-garde. the Oakley models are glasses that, apart from some exceptions, are dated after some time.

I think the headquarters have realized this and therefore models such as the Plaintiff, Holbrooks or the release of successive series from Frogskins have been a huge success. the design of these models is more timeless and more in line with what customers demand.

in relation to the product itself, Oakley is theoretically above the competition in all technical parameters and also in the perceived quality: the joints are solid, the paint and finish are very strict and the lenses are actually good and do not tire the wearer.
in Arnette sunglasses or Rayban I feel a different "sound" (which is not bad ...) and an accuracy less evident.

I'm in a hunt to get more pairs to make this collection grow.
it's amazing the effect of this forum in all of us. if I go back in time for 3 or 4 months, before I arrived here, I didn't even dream in buy sunglasses from other people and even less from other countries.

OakleyForum rules!!

btw, I can't wait to get my Fuel Cells from the water transfer customization.