• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Ti02 XX X-Metal 1st Gen

WarChild007

Oakley Beginner
I've had my XX X-Metal for about 18yrs now and they have served me very well, travelled various places and are my main glasses to wear (I have a number of other Oakleys but always choose the XX to wear)

They still have the original lenses and wonder what the options are (and costs) to replace them as a coating on the inside is flaking off.

Is there a way to clean the frames as they are getting somewhat grubby, especially around the nose rubbers.

Take the rubbers and lenses off and clean normally. After 18 years maybe get some new rubbers.

Mamy thanks for the replies and welcome.

Do Oakley still supply the nose rubbers and ear socks for free? I last changed them about 9yrs ago.

I'll clean the frames and see how they are afterwards.

How can I contact Chris? Does he have an online store?

Do Oakley still supply the nose rubbers and ear socks for free? I last changed them about 9yrs ago.

No they run about $10 USD on the website

Link above. You have to meet certain requirements to buy/sell on here. But, he's got an Ebay page.