• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Tincan Carbon Collection

AWESOME!
looking to get these, do you like the 03s or the 05s better. those are the 2 im deciding between
My daily wear are the titaniums (05) . I also have the Tinfoil Titanium as well. I LOVE this lens. I've used the OO reds (03) once and they are just as beautiful. I'm just used to the ti lens.

If you're only going to get one, then your choice is very hard as they are both great driving and everyday lenses. If you want a more showy lens, get the 03. If you want something a little more classy and wear with anything, titanium. Lens wise, they're both outstanding. I don't think I helped you... Lol

My daily wear are the titaniums (05) . I also have the Tinfoil Titanium as well. I LOVE this lens. I've used the OO reds (03) once and they are just as beautiful. I'm just used to the ti lens.

If you're only going to get one, then your choice is very hard as they are both great driving and everyday lenses. If you want a more showy lens, get the 03. If you want something a little more classy and wear with anything, titanium. Lens wise, they're both outstanding. I don't think I helped you... Lol

you helped. bought the titaniums...almost bought both. ha. maybe i'll buy the 03s if i feel i need a 2nd pair.
i almost bought the 03s, but then searched and found your pics and it changed my preference to the 05s.

if the 04s were polarized i would have bought those.
the 07s are sexy, but not digging the ferrari symbol

Last edited:
you helped. bought the titaniums...almost bought both. ha. maybe i'll buy the 03s if i feel i need a 2nd pair.
i almost bought the 03s, but then searched and found your pics and it changed my preference to the 05s.

if the 04s were polarized i would have bought those.
the 07s are sexy, but not digging the ferrari symbol
I wish the ice blue 04 was polar as well. I'm probably going to have an H2O Deep Water polar or Saphire polar custom cut and put those in.

The Ferrari's are really sweet, but again not polar. I've been wearing them lately, but my eyes are very sensitive and I need polarized lenses. I might have those custom cut as well, but I'm not sure if I'm going to touch these. These might end up being stand Queens.

I wish the ice blue 04 was polar as well. I'm probably going to have an H2O Deep Water polar or Saphire polar custom cut and put those in.

Have you done custom cuts in a Tincan before?
I love Tincans but haven't seen anyone talk about/get custom lenses.
What donors do you use for Tincans?

Last edited:
Holy Batman Thread Resurrection :)

Figured to ask it here instead of creating a new thread.

Will Tincan lenses fit Tincan Carbon frames? Just wanted to make sure before I make my purchase.

Nice Tincan Carbon collection! I've recently become a proud owner of a Tincan and a Tincan Carbon. They are awesome frames! Congrats on the full set!

Holy Batman Thread Resurrection :)

Figured to ask it here instead of creating a new thread.

Will Tincan lenses fit Tincan Carbon frames? Just wanted to make sure before I make my purchase.
Tincan "steel" and Tincan Carbon actually use Different lenses! There are very slight differences in size. I believe the tincan steel are actually a little bit bigger, probably by 1mm all the way around..

I tried using the tincan steel lens into a carbon and it ABSOLUTELY DOESN'T FIT.

Sent from my S7E .. RIP N7.. ='(

Back