• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Very Own Christmas In July

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
And on the last day of the month, just in time!

Only 4 boxes, but but that's more than I usually get.
1871A0D0-3226-472D-ACB6-A907C2C67F07-18316-00001431F1A36447_zps281f7429.jpg

What's inside them? A Wiha T6 driver, a Zero L Night Camo/G30, an SI M Frame with Amber Polarized, and the pièce de résistance, a Romeo frame (rubber is walleva, spare VL lenses are getting replaced by cut Oakley black iridium), my first and only, for a Jordan homage.
55206F9F-86F6-4E6D-8614-CDCA8102A9C1-18316-00001431E8C6E78C_zps091086f7.jpg

Congrats on the Romeo. How do you like the fit?
I've had every X Metal on my face except a Penny, this one fits the best.

The normal XX, Juliet, and Mars all lack fit and coverage for me, they felt too much like they sat ON my face. Perched precariously. R2 didn't have enough coverage. X Squared wasn't my style. Half X wasn't really worth the price of admission to me.

The R1 still lacks the organic feel I'm used to with the O Matter pairs I wear, but the fit and coverage are better than the rest of the metals. XX with 15 shocks I felt like I was prying open and the stems only contacted at the tips. Juliet I have to strip the rubber out of to make fit, but then it's too close to my face and crushing my eyelashes.

I'd still prefer it if the Romeo had blender-tech and the stems behind the hammers were O Matter to make a more secure fit, but as is with the noses removed the Romeo fits pretty well. And they're the best looking metals.

I think I'll rubber coat the frame to make my own nose pads if I can't get a smaller set of noses. Hell, I might just plasti-dip the whole thing. The classic way, using the dip can.

I NEED at least one metal, right? Might as well make it a Romeo.

Yes. 60mm = 2.4 inches. This is the length of the shaft I believe.

This is not a precision driver, meaning the type of screwdriver. The head is nicely made and engages the screw pocket well. This one also has a lightly magnetized tip.

Wiha makes a T6 precision driver that has a pivoting end to allow you to anchor the driver in your palm to allow you to provide constant pressure. The downside being the precision drivers usually have thinner, tapered handles which makes them a pain to get break-torque.

Here's my new T6, a flat blade precision driver from Wiha, and one of those generic, junky "precision" (I use that term to describe the form, not the quality of build) phillips driver.
E8FE4275-F83D-415F-828C-175B9EA68400-18605-00001451C4AF9F97_zps1b4feaed.jpg

Thank you. I just bought this T6x40mm (Wiha 96706 T6 x 40mm Precision ) from Amazon and just wanted to make sure. I see yours with the bigger handle will probably be easier to work with as you said.

96703-2.jpg

Back