• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Wife Is Da Bomb Diggity!!

doowutchyalike

I should Work at Oakley
NC
This just goes to show, what goes around, comes around full circle. I got an early Christmas present, from my wife! I'll try to make this a short story. Before I met her, 7 years ago I was working for a retailer who no longer needed a perfectly, barely used doublewide. I didn't have much of a collection back then but had this in my garage storing my motorcycle helmets. Well in order to afford a nice engagement ring, I ended up selling it for a little over $2000. Jump to 2010, my collection had exploded and my wife got a job at an eye doctor that sold Oakleys. Three weeks ago their rep came in and told them he was bringing them a new black display case. The optometrist asked if anyone wanted the old double wide and of course she jumped at it. Only too find out someone said they could sell that case and make some loot. My wife was devastated. Tonight, I was out getting our take out dinner in my truck, she calls me and says she has to run by the office, the alarm is going off and the cops are there. Then she calls me back and says her car won't start and I need to come by there. So i walk into the office and there stands this double wide with a big bow on it and she says Merry Christmas! Well needless to say I was surprised. I have always been on the lookout, but never found one on my own. I love my wife!

Right on bro, that is a keeper for sure. The wife sounds nice also LOL.....Way to go on that score and Merry Christmas to you

Man that's freakin awesome, gotta love the ladies getting involved in the collection game and supporting us it makes a huge difference congrats!!!

That is great. Congrats....sorry to go off topic..but when you mention Motorcycle helmets, I have to ask what you ride or what did you ride? Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new case.

That is great. Congrats....sorry to go off topic..but when you mention Motorcycle helmets, I have to ask what you ride or what did you ride? Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new case.

Thanks guys, yes she's definitely a keeper for sure. Del I've been riding motorcycles for about 20 years, started out on dirt bikes, moved to street bikes, started racing motocross. I've had several bikes, but now I have an SV650 for the street, and keeping it old school, CR125 for the track. That's my second favorite thing to do after collecting Oakleys!

Back