• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Wife's new shades.

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My wife doesn't go for top shelf stuff. She usually buys from this company, BLENDERS EYEWEAR, because half of the money You spend goes for corrective eyewear in third world countrys. She got two new pair the other day, and there was something familiar about them. They aren't fakes, because they use their brand name, but the shape is familiar to me.
She wouldn't know a Frogskin from a Pigskin, but I guess she has good taste.

I guess it's just as well, because she doesn't know why her lenses always have scratches, when as she parks the car she puts them lenses down in the cup holder. I had a pair of MOONS that went 7 years without even a tiny mark, and those lenses had a LOT of curvature and they stick out of the frames. I just gave her a box of those BLENDERS that she bought for me. I only wore one pair when I'd go back to the creek gold hunting.
She buys them for the charity end of it. She's a good girl who cares about the people in Haiti and the like. I do have a high end pair of Toms shades that I like, and I didn't mind the fact that probably five people in Haiti will be able to see just because she bought me a $125 pair of shades. They have really great Polarization, and the Wayfarer style frames have Tortoise frames, and the stems go from Tortoise into Ivory and then black ear hooks on the stems. They are really kind of cool. I take them on vacation and wear them out to eat so that I never leaveq a pair of Oakleys on the table. In Cancun, a pair of Oakleys would be long gone within two minutes. I love having the Oakleys for watching Stingrays cruise through the waves. Can't wait for the Deepwater PRIZMS. in Cancun.

I really love the Woodgrains. They have a taxture to the frames that have a little grip, kind of like my wood ones do. And the Daily PRIZMS are outstanding lenses. That pair of Frogskins may be my favorite pair of Oakleys ever, and I've only had them for about 3 weeks. I have a pair of DeepWater PRIZM lenses for my Flak Jackets on the way, and they may give my Woodys a run for their money.

Last edited:
Back