• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying My Wishlist

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Still looking.

I'll pay good money for a serial matched Ruby Mars. Or Mars Crater with red socks. Or any of the rare one, 04-106, 04-107, 04-108, or 04-109.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Still looking.

I'll pay good money for a serial matched Ruby Mars. Or Mars Crater with red socks. Or any of the rare one, 04-106, 04-107, 04-108, or 04-109.
For those who do not wish to translate, that's:
04-106 - Mars Emerald SGH exclusive
04-107 - Mars Ruby
04-108 - Mars Black X metal
04-109 - Mars Crater w/ red socks

Got your back!

Define good money

Username Hidden said:
For those who do not wish to translate, that's:
04-106 - Mars Emerald SGH exclusive
04-107 - Mars Ruby
04-108 - Mars Black X metal
04-109 - Mars Crater w/ red socks

Got your back!

lol, thanks. I spent the time to look up the SKUs on o-review, but forgot to put the description.

Username Hidden said:
Define good money

Um. I didn't think that far ahead. I was just hoping it would inspire people to contact me. The only one I have ever seen sell on ebay with a serial matched box was a Mars Ruby for $500. So for that one, maybe $600 depending on condition. The others probably more, but I don't know what the market price is for any of those. I could trade a Rusty Wallace Time Bomb straight up for the other three.

So that wasn't good money? $900 for a LNIB 04-106, 108, or 109 (Emerald, or Mars with red socks). $650 for a LNIB 04-107 (Mars Ruby).

I don't believe 109 was ever actually released

And a ruby mars with matching box ended on eBay for 255 just the other day

Not sure about 109.

I saw those ruby mars you're talking about. Serials were different. Low 600's on the frame, 12 thousand something on the box. Another pair sold for $600 with the same thing- 23 thousand on the frame, high 600's on the box. To me, if the serial doesn't match, it's a regular mars that someone swapped the lenses and rubber. I can do that myself.

Username Hidden said:
Not sure about 109.

I saw those ruby mars you're talking about. Serials were different. Low 600's on the frame, 12 thousand something on the box. Another pair sold for $600 with the same thing- 23 thousand on the frame, high 600's on the box. To me, if the serial doesn't match, it's a regular mars that someone swapped the lenses and rubber. I can do that myself.

What difference does it make?

I can put red Oakley rubbers on a crater for 900$... Lol

That's my point. The only way to know its a factory release colorway is the serial matched box. I want to know I have a rare Mars that you can't find anywhere. If I just wanted the specific colorway, I'd modify one of the Mars I already own.

Username Hidden said:
That's my point. The only way to know its a factory release colorway is the serial matched box. I want to know I have a rare Mars that you can't find anywhere. If I just wanted the specific colorway, I'd modify one of the Mars I already own.

I could see that if it was a Juliet that has a unique serial number to the color way, but nearly every mars outside of craters and leathers is M*******. All Oakley did is what someone else could do. For mars, it's literally no different between colorways as long as its all Oakley original. I see your point, but I think it's a very tough want list.

Ill make a thread so we don't derail your wtb any more than it is

At any rate, best of luck. I'd like to see a 109 myself :thumb: