• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying My Wishlist

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Bump. Anyone?

Some people reacted to this post.
Updated list. Got the Corvette Juliet last night.

Without box though.

Surprised that you would lower your standards- you know that there will be a boxed pair for sale tomorrow!

Username Hidden said:
That's my point. The only way to know its a factory release colorway is the serial matched box. I want to know I have a rare Mars that you can't find anywhere. If I just wanted the specific colorway, I'd modify one of the Mars I already own.

I do not believe the Mars - X Metal - Ruby 04-107 were released serial matched, for example, my own pair was purchased new with serial M006483 but the label is P00012, the 'P' unique among the serial X Metals for this sku. All other serial X Metals were prefixed with A followed by the serial which matched the glasses, and this includes the other four Mars. Mars - X Metal - Black with red socks 04-108, and Mars - Crater - Black with red socks 04-109 appear to have never been issued. I personally share your view of the importance of the glasses being factory produced with matching serials, I have 67 official X Metal releases and only one of those unfortunately does not match. Excellent/mint, complete, as released pieces cannot be improved upon in my opinion.

Username Hidden said:
Without box though.

Surprised that you would lower your standards- you know that there will be a boxed pair for sale tomorrow!

lol. I actually haven't seen one of those listed in awhile. $315 is a good price (I think). I was ok with that one not having a box. I haven't figured out why some pairs I want the box and some I don't care.

Username Hidden said:
I do not believe the Mars - X Metal - Ruby 04-107 were released serial matched, for example, my own pair was purchased new with serial M006483 but the label is P00012, the 'P' unique among the serial X Metals for this sku. All other serial X Metals were prefixed with A followed by the serial which matched the glasses, and this includes the other four Mars. Mars - X Metal - Black with red socks 04-108, and Mars - Crater - Black with red socks 04-109 appear to have never been issued. I personally share your view of the importance of the glasses being factory produced with matching serials, I have 67 official X Metal releases and only one of those unfortunately does not match. Excellent/mint, complete, as released pieces cannot be improved upon in my opinion.

RVF- I would agree with you, except that I have seen this model with a matching box. Sold for $505. I forgot to raise my bid, got distracted at work, and lost the auction. Only time I have ever seen it match. I may just give up on it.

Username Hidden said:
lol. I actually haven't seen one of those listed in awhile. $315 is a good price (I think). I was ok with that one not having a box. I haven't figured out why some pairs I want the box and some I don't care.

For me I seem to lose interest in having a boxed example when I can't find one. Over the course of time I'm still interested but if I can't find boxed I'll buy one loose if it is serialized. And then once I do a boxed one pops up and I wind up with two.

The Corvette Juliet is actually a great colorway as the black contrasts really well with the gold lenses. $315 is a good price for this serialized SKU, I agree. I was watching it and I'm glad that I didn't O-block you.

Feel free to work "O-block" into your vernacular...

LMAO. Thanks for not O-blocking me. (Especially since you already have one).

And yes, I fully expect to see a BNIB serial matched example any day now.

Username Hidden said:
you know that there will be a boxed pair for sale tomorrow!

:mad:

Took a week, but its there now. At least the box doesn't match.

Username Hidden said:
:mad:

Took a week, but its there now. At least the box doesn't match.

Yeah I see that!