• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My X Metal Collection so far

because of the price?
Indeed and because they are probably the first Oakleys people start with the obvious one. Also collectors also can't seem to stop at a couple they seem to want as many as they can probably because that's all they collect . You have some nice mars ones bought mine new from the state's 115 pounds new old stock mind you they aren't the lovely leather ones !

Indeed and because they are probably the first Oakleys people start with the obvious one. Also collectors also can't seem to stop at a couple they seem to want as many as they can probably because that's all they collect . You have some nice mars ones bought mine new from the state's 115 pounds new old stock mind you they aren't the lovely leather ones !
Hating on collectors that go for the jugular?

Oh I'm aware. I still don't have a few XM frames I want because I can't justify spending the $$$. Like a XM Penny and Mars Crater or Leather. And this from a guy with 20 XM frames.... Who can't justify the $$$ hah!
I hear you- I’ve only got 8 frames (no high dollar ones) and would like some more also. I’ll just keep looking for more reasonable deals.

Hating on collectors that go for the jugular?
Ah no definitely not , hate is a very emotive word these days and should not trickle down to a sunglasses forum. Maybe my post did come across as a slur on x metal collectors if it did it certainly wasn't meant to. When I started my collecting obsession I started with x metals and have at least one of every model , then I thought what next ? It never occurred to me to start collecting every lens issue and then drill down to serial numbers/year issues, instead I decided to collect one of every model issued till 2007, moving on to zeros first. I can understand collecting x metals only, to become expert in that field (giving out knowledgeable advice to others) and building up a comprehensive collection. As for x metals driving up the price of other frames I don't think this is necessarily true . Take M frames collectors they are just as passionate along with zero and frog collectors. The common theme here is collectors/dealers who then go on the bay to sell their prize models and set high prices , its not long before other dealers see these , think its the norm and set their prices to match. So we are driving the prices, on the up side our collections are going up in value, on the downside when we want something it costs big money. There is also the risk we put off new collectors who can't afford to collect and as we know to survive every organisation needs new blood to survive.

Back