• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My X-Metal Fixes + Some New Ones!!! :-)

XMetalAddict

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cambridge, UK
lly got my act together and got my new Carbon XSs back from Oakley with Rx lenses. Also I am showing off my @InfiniteHero Purple J creation ;)

InfiniteHero Juliets
A1xJnM.jpg

Carbon XSs With OO Red Polarised Iridium Rx Lenses
mtZLVB.jpg

Juliets Polarised Ice Iridium
I7jTLo.jpg

My other Oakley acquisitions

New Pit Boss II
qfJwuR.jpg

New Minute Machine
CccbBB.jpg

You could argue that I have compromised with the Pit Boss II sunglasses. However, in my mind there is a common thread with all these purchases and my favourite element. This crucial element is TITANIUM, the core of X-METAL :rolleyes::cool-20: and it's link with another cool piece of engineering SR-71/ Scunkworks.

I hope you like them!

Thanks for all the comments so far. The purple Juliets may have benfitted from a thorough cleaning I gave them and also the black background of the table (which is probably true for the XS).

For those who do get anodised X-Metals, you will find that the oil on your skin will affect the iridescence/colour. Following InfiniteHero's advice I cleaned them thoroughly. To begin with I used IPA (avoiding lenses). This worked OK, but I am massively impressed by the Oakley cleaning fluid. This has brought out a reddish hue to the purple which you can see in the picture. Also you do not have to worry about the lenses and they get a clean too.

2nd Installment. Got these today!

Matte Black/Black Iridium OO9137-01
Wv01zu.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments so far. The purple Juliets may have benfitted from a thorough cleaning I gave them and also the black background of the table (which is probably true for the XS).

For those who do get anodised X-Metals, you will find that the oil on your skin will affect the iridescence/colour. Following InfiniteHero's advice I cleaned them thoroughly. To begin with I used IPA (avoiding lenses). This worked OK, but I am massively impressed by the Oakley cleaning fluid. This has brought out a reddish hue to the purple which you can see in the picture. Also you do not have to worry about the lenses and they get a clean too.

2nd Installment. Got these today!

Mattend Black/Black Iridium OO9137-01
Wv01zu.jpg
You got some awsome O there congrats!

Back