• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My X-metal Juliet (1999) customized by the infamous PlaceholderUK

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, I'm still learning as I go.

So since it turns out these Juliets had the carbon finish, and the carbon coating has been stripped off to reveal the plasma x-metal, would it be considered unorthodox to re-coat them to look like later generations or other models like the XX? A couple of examples attached. I'm not sure if the last two are the same but photo #2 looks to have a more shine than #3. (photos by a guy named Skylerz, found his blog)

coating24k.JPG

plasmacoating.JPG

what-coating-is-this-Juliet.JPG

So since it turns out these Juliets had the carbon finish, and the carbon coating has been stripped off to reveal the plasma x-metal, would it be considered unorthodox to re-coat them to look like later generations or other models like the XX? A couple of examples attached. I'm not sure if the last two are the same but photo #2 looks to have a more shine than #3. (photos by a guy named Skylerz, found his blog)

View attachment 921168

View attachment 921170

View attachment 921171
Your glasses, do whatever pleases YOU.

Regarding the reflection: could be a Titanium finish, or X Metal, too difficult to tell, due to lighting.

Last edited:

View attachment 921168

View attachment 921170

View attachment 921171
The second photo is a plasma Juliet and the third is an X-Metal XX. The customizers on this forum can get pretty close to any of the finishes, so it’s really up to your preference.

Back