• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My XMen Juliet Clone

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Finally after searching top to bottom through the forum, ebay and mexican ebay I found out I'm too broke to buy an XM serial Juliet. So instead I was able to find some replacement OEM Ruby lenses (hidden gem here in mexico) and thanks to @Linegear Japan an xmetal finish Juliet 1st gen (which I got to say is in an amazing condition). The xm Juliet came with Green Jade lenses as well as linegear rubber, but I switched it to oem rubber and my Ruby lenses, my carbon juliet now has the linegear goods and looks sick!
Here is the final setup for both, what do you think? Does it pass the XMen look?

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2863.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

Last edited:
BTW I noticed that the lenses seem to be able to move in the XM frame (I believe it is called shimming), any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

From what the experts state... Juliet orbitals came in different sizes according to their gen. Sometimes lenses are too big or too small. I've had the same problem, get new lenses or you kind of live with it.

From what the experts state... Juliet orbitals came in different sizes according to their gen. Sometimes lenses are too big or too small. I've had the same problem, get new lenses or you kind of live with it.
Hmmm I see, one of my juliets came with a little plastic thingy for the orbital which made the lens fit just right. I guess I'll try some black tape or something to re-create this effect

Hmmm I see, one of my juliets came with a little plastic thingy for the orbital which made the lens fit just right. I guess I'll try some black tape or something to re-create this effect

You could do that. I just tighten the orbital screws. They shouldn't fall out but might click if you clean them which causes them to move.

Back