• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Xmetal Therapy

Mailman knew you had those sweet ass Craters in the box.....That's why! Those are KICKASS!
lol man these mailmen should stop peeking inside those boxes lol Was gonna put Hammerstems on them but scared to scratch the finish

lol man these mailmen should stop peeking inside those boxes lol Was gonna put Hammerstems on them but scared to scratch the finish
You can totally do that!
Sit down in front of the tube with an ice cold pint, get your T6/T5 not sure what that Mars has(don't have any of those YET) & put the glasses on a dark colored towel/blanket so you can find the temple hinge washers when removing the stems.
Get a box of standard wooden tooth picks and place them beside your ice cold pint (beverage of your choice) gently remove the screw and pull stem from the orbital end. Be certain to keep the frame & the stem over the dark colored blanket in case the washers are stuck at the points of disconnect.
Have hammer stems at the ready, wet with saliva or precision instument oil (the instrument oil cylinder resembles a large hypodermic needle for precision lubrication) and apply to areas that the transparent hinge washers go.( on the earstem of course) Gingerly slide the business end of the ear stem into the orbital. Get the toothpick & place it in the hole and wiggle it a bit until all washers are aligned. Put the T6 screw in and be careful not to strip the threads, finger tip start the screw to avoid this issue.
There you are Mars Crater with your hammer stems....beautiful.

Hope this helped

You can totally do that!
Sit down in front of the tube with an ice cold pint, get your T6/T5 not sure what that Mars has(don't have any of those YET) & put the glasses on a dark colored towel/blanket so you can find the temple hinge washers when removing the stems.
Get a box of standard wooden tooth picks and place them beside your ice cold pint (beverage of your choice) gently remove the screw and pull stem from the orbital end. Be certain to keep the frame & the stem over the dark colored blanket in case the washers are stuck at the points of disconnect.
Have hammer stems at the ready, wet with saliva or precision instument oil (the instrument oil cylinder resembles a large hypodermic needle for precision lubrication) and apply to areas that the transparent hinge washers go.( on the earstem of course) Gingerly slide the business end of the ear stem into the orbital. Get the toothpick & place it in the hole and wiggle it a bit until all washers are aligned. Put the T6 screw in and be careful not to strip the threads, finger tip start the screw to avoid this issue.
There you are Mars Crater with your hammer stems....beautiful.

Hope this helped
wow! I appreciate it man.liking the pint part...got my attention with the pint lol Yeah man, thanks for taking the time...now where did my used toothpicks go :dance:

wow! I appreciate it man.liking the pint part...got my attention with the pint lol Yeah man, thanks for taking the time...now where did my used toothpicks go :dance:
You could also use the toothpicks from you triple decker turkey club sammich. The ones with the colored cellophane decoration on top.

LOL

IMG_4789.JPG
IMG_4790.JPG
IMG_4791.JPG
You could also use the toothpicks from you triple decker turkey club sammich. The ones with the colored cellophane decoration on top.

LOL

More Therapy!
These were the ebay score, color doesn't show up really well but they look pretty decent.

Thanks

Back