• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My XX conundrum, help please.

devonuk

Oakley Beginner
I’m currently having a clear out of ‘stuff’ I don’t wear/use anymore and I have the Oakley sunglasses as per the pics below. Having looked at eBay etc. they seem to be selling at some incredible prices. So my conundrum is do I spend money on having them refurbished or should I just sell them as ‘original’. They are in pretty good condition despite their age albeit they’ve not been worn for a good 10 years. There are a few minor lens scratches and the bridge is a little loose now. I know none of this is a big deal so should I…
A) Sell as they are.
Or
B) Sell after a recondition.

Whatever happens I don’t want them anymore but I don’t want to give them away.
Thanks for any help/advice and if it makes a difference I live in the UK with an expensive week in NYC on the horizon hence my ‘sale’.

IMG_5276.jpeg

IMG_5278.jpeg

IMG_5280.jpeg

IMG_5281.jpeg

IMG_5282.jpeg

IMG_5283.jpeg

IMG_5284.jpeg

IMG_5285.jpeg

IMG_5286.jpeg

IMG_5287.jpeg

IMG_5288.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

I’m currently having a clear out of ‘stuff’ I don’t wear/use anymore and I have the Oakley sunglasses as per the pics below. Having looked at eBay etc. they seem to be selling at some incredible prices. So my conundrum is do I spend money on having them refurbished or should I just sell them as ‘original’. They are in pretty good condition despite their age albeit they’ve not been worn for a good 10 years. There are a few minor lens scratches and the bridge is a little loose now. I know none of this is a big deal so should I…
A) Sell as they are.
Or
B) Sell after a recondition.

Whatever happens I don’t want them anymore but I don’t want to give them away.
Thanks for any help/advice and if it makes a difference I live in the UK with an expensive week in NYC on the horizon hence my ‘sale’.

View attachment 1055393

View attachment 1055394

View attachment 1055395

View attachment 1055396

View attachment 1055397

View attachment 1055398

View attachment 1055399

View attachment 1055400

View attachment 1055401

View attachment 1055402

View attachment 1055403

View attachment 1055404
In current condition I imagine you will find a collector here who will take care of them. FleaBay would be if your trying to get the most without a timelimit. Wish I had the funds. GLWS

Lenses look past their best tbh, Pity you were not on here before now as Donor Custom cut lenses come up from time to time.

If the serial Number/Barcode label is present & matches the serial on the Frame that will help.

For my two penneth £400ish is about their current Market value

Lenses look past their best tbh, Pity you were not on here before now as Donor Custom cut lenses come up from time to time.

If the serial Number/Barcode label is present & matches the serial on the Frame that will help.

Everything is original as bought in Australia. I had money to spare then 😬

Personally I would sell as is. Why put money into something you want to sell anyway. I’m sure you will have no problem selling it.

Agreed Alan, £400ish, if you think £50 on the nosebridge and £100 ish on lenses your at £550 then youll need a buyer at £600+ to make the effort worthwhile
Goodluck with whatever your decide fellow devoner 😎👍🏻😎

Agreed Alan, £400ish, if you think £50 on the nosebridge and £100 ish on lenses your at £550 then youll need a buyer at £600+ to make the effort worthwhile
Goodluck with whatever your decide fellow devoner 😎👍🏻😎
Ah, a fellow Devonian 👍 Thanks for your input, much appreciated along with all of the others. What a cracking forum, perhaps I should have joined earlier 🙄

Personally I would sell as is. Why put money into something you want to sell anyway. I’m sure you will have no problem selling it.
I guess I was weighing up getting a bigger return with the refurb but as you say I’m not going to keep them. They’ll make a great buy for someone and I’m surprised about the ‘value’ of the coin etc. 🤷‍♂️

My advice is the same. not much point putting a bunch of cash in them to potentially recoup the same money as spent. alot of the hard core collectors will do their own work on them for little cost so may pay a bit more than the tyre kickers that are probably PMing you right now trying to buy them off you for peanuts

Latest Posts

Back