• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mystery Radar Frame?

For the next time, I'd suggest always doing a look up on O-Review. See if it matches an existing colorway. Of course sometimes it's going to be an OCP/MPH pair. From there you kinda just have to go off the must subtle of clues that you can work with

Another bottom line I advocate is: if you don't know for sure, don't put yourself through the trouble. Granted, this Radar wasn't a major risk situation. I'm just saying for future reference, I personally think that saving a few bucks just doesn't do enough against making a reliable/confident purchase.

My first Oakley purchase was at a bike expo/swap meet. Kinda went in there blind for a Radarlock that just sounded like too good of a deal to pass up. I'm lucky to find was real after meticulously cross referencing it to shop pairs. I even bought from the same guy years later. But in hindsight it was a stupid approach. No way I could get my money back if it was a fake.

For sure, better to do the research beforehand. I buy a LOT of stuff on eBay and this kind of thing happens very rarely, so I guess it's the price you pay for getting deals the rest of the time. Not sure if you actually come out ahead in the end.

Back