• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

National Corvette Museum - Bowling Green Kentucky

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
The saving grace for having to take a road trip to Indy was getting to stop at the Vette Museum in BG. It was by far the best $10 I've ever spent. There are also tours of the Vette plant next door where they make all the Vettes, still by hand, but it's closed till 2019 so I'll be going back then. It's only $6 or a tour!

I ****in love Corvettes. You can have Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, and all that ****. Just give me a Vette, any year, and I'll be happy as a pig in ****. I'd slap my own mom for a '53 though. She's where I get it from. I like to drive fast I guess because my mom is the one that taught me to drive. She had an '86 IROC Z Camaro when she started teaching me so I really had no choice but to learn to drive like a bat out of hell.

Lucky for me my mom is a Vette collector and I'm an only child. Whoop whoop.

I got her this brick from the Flint plant. $25!

IMG_6332.JPG

How's this ****? 350 Corvette Drive! Need to call them? 1-800-53-VETTE

IMG_6334.JPG

I'll have to upload all of the pictures later but here are some of the ones that really caught my eye. All of the Vettes at the museum were donated by collectors.

This is the bench outside. Awesome.

IMG_6199.JPG

The damn '53. The lady would NOT let me sit in it. She knew I'd never get out. I guess I had that look in my eye.

IMG_6207.JPG

One of the prototypes from '91. I had this model when I was 12. Never seen the real one until today.

IMG_6240.JPG

Cormaro? Yep. The ugliest Camaro made but she's got an LS1. This is how they road tested the C5 in secret.

IMG_6247.JPG

A picture of a picture. This is the last C6 made. It wasn't there but still cool.
IMG_6200.JPG

Frame off resto of a '73. Damn.
IMG_6218.JPG

1983. 30th anniversary Vette. Only 43 made. Only one left. Here it is.

IMG_6319.JPG

The first Vette to roll out of BG.

IMG_6323.JPG

This ****** got buried in his Vette.

IMG_6322.JPG

Guldstrand #2 of 6.

IMG_6313.JPG

'68 Astro-Vette. Less of a concept car and more of a test body.

IMG_6237.JPG

Crash test!

IMG_6254.JPG

Lingenfelter! What what!

IMG_6268.JPG

Wow! Getting buried in your car, that's amazing! The Astro looks like something from speed racer! Thanks for sharing

Lol when I saw that one the first thing I did was check to see if it was designed by Pininfarina. That's who designed the Mach V.

I'm just a few hours from BG and have never been. I need to go check it out. I agree with you I'd take a corvette over any other "exotic car" and they are a fraction of the price.

I'm just a few hours from BG and have never been. I need to go check it out. I agree with you I'd take a corvette over any other "exotic car" and they are a fraction of the price.
Dude it's so worth it. For $20 they'll take you around the test track in a Vette or for $40 you can drive your own car a few laps. Doesn't have to be a Vette.

If you buy a Vette you can have it delivered to you at the museum with a little presentation event.

Back