• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need advice from Trail runners or MTB riders

I tried photochromic (the lighter one) and found it useful when my rides would go from road to trail. On the trail it was alright, since it wasn't too dark. On the road it was alright because it wasn't too light. It was most useful on road at dusk, when riding into the night. I ended up selling the lens and replying with a backup G30.

Ever try the Persimmon? Used those in the past and liked them a lot for varied light environments. They took a little bit of the edge off the brightness and were still bright enough in shade.

Ever try the Persimmon? Used those in the past and liked them a lot for varied light environments. They took a little bit of the edge off the brightness and were still bright enough in shade.

I've only used persimmons on my oakley crowbar for snowboarding. But they were my go to lens when it's cloudy to night.

I used mine for overcast days as well as mixed condition days, did the job very well :)

I can see how they would work well for snowboarding too

I used the photochromic in my RJs for a summer. didnt suck, but wasnt remarkable. Seems like Oakley is going back to that these days.
When Im at Angel Fire, I use clear goggles

Perhaps I am the only one who trails rides with photochromic lens in my radar. I find it useful for any weather condition here in Florida.

I do the same. Works well on most days, but it doesn't have time to change much on trails with rapid transitions from dark to light..

Back