• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Advice On First Purchase

Zax

Chicago
Looking to buy a pair of x-metals. I did own a Juliet before, but I really don't remember much about it. I only had it for about a week haha. I am Asian, and usually require the larger nose bombs. I guess my question is, which X-Metal would be best for the Asian Profile? My face is actually not that wide, just more flat. Also looking for a more square-ish look. Also, which is the most comfortable in your opinion? Thanks :)

if you want the square look, try the x-squared. The Juliets with either nose bomb fit me perfect though. Dont go for half frames (romeo2, halfX) as they need higher nose bridges to prevent the lens touching your cheeks.

Juliets are the most comfy. Havent tried the X-squared properly so go to a shop and fit that..

As far as X Metals go, there's no such thing as an Asian Fit. But if squarish is more what you're looking for, check out the X Squared.

its a half frame.. so may not fit asians as well as the juliets. the bad press it receives is mostly because it doesnt live up to the legacy of the Romeo1, which is arguably the finest creation Oakley ever designed. haha

I contacted the Oakley stores near me and they only carry the Half X and the Juliets :(. How do the Hatchet's fit? I know they're not X-Metal, but they look really cool.

I contacted the Oakley stores near me and they only carry the Half X and the Juliets :(. How do the Hatchet's fit? I know they're not X-Metal, but they look really cool.

I see you list Chicago as your location.. I know that the O Store at Woodfield has: Half X, Juliet, and X Squared. I checked all those out there and I ended up buying a pair of Juliets (bought on this forum). The Juliets fit me fine, but the X metal XX fit me a bit better

Oh I completely forgot about Schaumburg. I usually go to the Vault up north in Gurnee because I live closer to it, but I should check that out.

Decided to invest in a pair of Carbon Juliet's, hopefully with the bigger nose bombs so they fit right this time! I looked at the Romeo 1.0's and they're way out of my price range, along with the X Metal XX (which are really nice looking), and the X-Squared was kinda tight around the head for me. I'll post some pictures once I get them. Thanks again!

Back