• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help. Any RJ1/RJ2/pro Racing jacket experts out there?

PiesangKop_ZA

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
London, UK
Hi all.

Ia anybody out there an expert on the original Racing Jackets?

I was under the impression that they were all the same but I see that there are 3 versions (4 if you include the water jacket)

I have a friend who has an old water jacket he is willing to part with, but I will need to source new nose rubbers, lenses and earsocks. frame is still good though.

Can anybody help me figure out the difference between Pro, RJ1 and RJ2? Ultimately, I need to know which of these is would have nose rubbers, lenses and earsocks that would fit the water jacket. (I love the frame, but the straps are a bit over the top of everyday wear)
Screenshot_20201114-084409~2.jpg

A Water Jacket is a Gen 2 Racing Jacket frame. The earsocks, nose bombs, one piece nose (pro) and lenses are interchangeable from a Gen 2 and Pro racing jacket. You cannot use the lenses from a Gen 1 as they are bigger.

Good luck, the earsocks are hard to find but lenses can always be custom cut.

The new Racing Jacket has nothing in common with the rest.

A Water Jacket is a Gen 2 Racing Jacket frame. The earsocks, nose bombs, one piece nose (pro) and lenses are interchangeable from a Gen 2 and Pro racing jacket. You cannot use the lenses from a Gen 1 as they are bigger.

Thanks so much for the info!

I'll keep my eyes open for some RJ2s then. Good to know that unless it's a gen 1 they are all pretty much compatible with each other.

Excellent, my son found my gen 2 stashed in garage! now just need lenses (current lenses scratched) and ear socks. Can u recommend a company for custom lenses?

Back