• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help choosing glasses

DONTDOIT

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to get either Radarlocks or Radar EV or possibly Flak 2.0 XL. I am mostly using them for fishing, hiking, biking, and driving. I've tried on black iridium lenses and didn't like them. They were too dark.

1.) Not sure what lens I want to get possible jade, sapphire, ruby, positive red iridium, or prizm road polarized? I just don't like lenses that greatly alter the colors of the environment and I want lenses that you can't see your eyes through them.

2.) Has anyone tried the Shallow and Deep Water Prizm lenses? Can you see your eyes through either of them? It looks like the deep water you can't see your eyes through them but not sure on the shallow?

im a noob dont hate

Last edited:
No hate for noobs here, thanks for joining and welcome to the community. I am, as my name and avatar imply, a cyclist. I use and swear by original plain old Radars. I also have Flak 2.0 XL...just got my first pair of those a few weeks ago. Will not be wearing them to ride with. Stems are too "thick" for my comfort on the bike, but I will wear them for walking and general outdoor stuff.
Here is a lens chart that may help your decision along...pay attention to the light transmission percentages:
oakley-lens-guide-9513.jpg

And here is the chart for PRIZM lenses:

O Prizm Info chart.png

Lenses are strictly personal preference, and we have acres of threads in here arguing the virtues of everyones favorite!! (Mine are Fire Iridium for cycling, followed by G26)

Good Luck!
;)

OH, and to answer your question #2 -

I have a set of Deep Water Prizm that were custom cut for my XX X Metals. I love them. You can see my eyes only if the light and angle are correct, and it rarely happens!

The Prizm Road lenses are probably my favorite, not too dark, very good for either full sun, shadows, dawn or dusk. Possibly a little light for full sun, but just a good all around lens. Prizm Field are a little lighter yet.

I agree with OakleyFrankFMJ... go try them on at an Oakley or Sunglass Hut if at all possible, then buy online.

Does anyone have the Shallow water prizm lenses and if you can see your eyes behind them? No oakley store around here so I have to try them on at a few sporting good stores which they only have a few models with few lenses choices

No hate for noobs here, thanks for joining and welcome to the community. I am, as my name and avatar imply, a cyclist. I use and swear by original plain old Radars. I also have Flak 2.0 XL...just got my first pair of those a few weeks ago. Will not be wearing them to ride with. Stems are too "thick" for my comfort on the bike, but I will wear them for walking and general outdoor stuff.
Here is a lens chart that may help your decision along...pay attention to the light transmission percentages:
View attachment 307107

View attachment 307108

Lenses are strictly personal preference, and we have acres of threads in here arguing the virtues of everyones favorite!! (Mine are Fire Iridium for cycling, followed by G26)

Good Luck!
;)

with all your guys help I was able to decide on my oakleys since few stores around here have them and very limited lens options

Just got my first pair of oakleys - got the deep water prizm radar ev and love them and i don't know why but i like that new creakiness to them lol

Last edited:
with all your guys help I was able to decide on my oakleys since few stores around here have them and very limited lens options

Just got my first pair of oakleys - got the deep water prizm radar ev and love them and i don't know why but i like that new creakiness to them lol

Excellent choice. Let's see them!

View attachment 307107

View attachment 307108

Good Luck!
;)
A true master at his craft

Back