• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sydsdaddy1

Oakley Beginner
While sunglasses have been worn by softball players for years to protect their eyes, the latest generation of shades can even help enhance your game! With contrast and color enhancing lenses, lightweight frames, and UV protection, the latest softball sunglasses are a must-have on the field! ,

Our buying guide will cover everything to know about the best softball sunglasses including frame materials, lens colors, and extra features like temple grips, ventilation, and nose pads. Plus we’ll review our picks for the best softball sunglasses and brands you can buy!

Now let’s get started.

Table of Contents

Softball Sunglasses Buyer’s GuideFrame...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys my daughter is 13 yr old fastpitch softball catcher. She recently got fitted with contacts and weve been using cheap sunglasses. Long story short she tried on the half jacket 2.0 XL and loved them. My question is what color lenses are the best to get for sports like this? doesnt have to be just one color since they are interchangeable
. Thank you

There are 2 lenses specifically for baseball.

They should have mentioned that at the store when she tried them on. ;)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't go back to SGH. ;)

Go to an Oakley store. :p

There are baseball prism infield and outfield lenses.

There's a thread or two here describing them too.
We dont have any Oakley stores around here to be honest, in her defense we didnt ask about specific lenses we jusy wanted to try on to make sure they fit under her catchers mask,were comfortable etc

I have a daughter that plays softball. She is a pitcher and plays 3b. When we went to the Oakley Store they recommended the baseball - infield prizm lenses for her. They said "the ball will stand out more in contrast to the infield". She currently sports them in a matte black SI Radar.

When she's not wearing those, she's claimed about 10 pairs of frogskins that reside in the display case. :angel:

Some more background on the baseball/softball specific lenses.

Might be obvious but the Outfield version is designed to make the ball stand out in the sky.

Infield version is designed to make the ball stand out against the dirt.

She has both versions...let me see if I can post some pics through each lens.

Back