• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help from Sub Zero experts/collectors!

Arch Ally

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, I'm a newbie here but not to Oakley collecting. I've owned numerous 90's styles including Razor Blades, Sub Zeros, Zeros, Eye Jackets, Straight Jackets, Full Metal Jackets, E-Wire and X-Metal Romeo and and all have been either broken, sold or stolen except for the X-Metal Romeo. I'm looking to start replacing some of those that were dear to me during my bicycle racing days beginning with Sub Zeros. Does anyone have a break-down of the color/frame combos so I can hopefully start my collection again? I know it won't be easy as these are becoming very scarce, but any help is much appreciated!

O-Review is your best bet for Oakley information like that.

Dann is the creator/owner/curator of the site and has a pretty extensive database.

SubZero1_CarbonFiber_Black.jpg

#1 Carbon Fiber
Black Iridium

05-001

SubZero1N_CarbonFiber_Black.jpg

#1n Carbon Fiber
Black Iridium
$100
05-001

SubZero2_FingerPrint_Black.jpg

#2 Fingerprint
Black Iridium

05-002

Subzero2N_BurnBrush_Gold.jpg

#2n Burn Brush
Bronze Iridium
$100
05-002

#2n Fingerprint
Black Iridium

05-002

SubZero3_PlanetX_Red.jpg

#3 Planet X
+Red Iridium

05-003

Subzero3N_PlanetX_Red.jpg

#3n Planet X
+Red Iridium
$100
05-003

SubZero4_PlanetX_Blue.jpg

#4 Planet X
Blue Iridium
$100
05-004

SubZero5_CarbonFiber_Black.jpg

#5 Carbon Fiber
Black Iridium
$100
05-005

SubZero6_PlanetX_Red.jpg

#6 Planet X
+Red Iridium
$100
05-006

SubZeroN2T_PlanetX_Black.jpg

N2T Planet X
Black Iridium
$125
05-010

Yep, O-review.com is the place - we can't hotlink to it from here, but Google it and go to the database and you'll strike gold. Make sure to close all doors and windows first, or your wallet will make a run for it!

Thanks Rustpot! Will check that site out. Now I just need to track them down for sale. There's a couple on ebay right now, but not the ones I'm really after.

Yep, O-review.com is the place - we can't hotlink to it from here, but Google it and go to the database and you'll strike gold. Make sure to close all doors and windows first, or your wallet will make a run for it!
HaHa! Yeah, I kinda had the felling that this wouldn't be an inexpensive venture.:cry:

Went to O-Review and found all the info I needed and even who has them in their collection, but alas none for sale.:(

I have a few - two Sub Zeros to be precise. One #2n Burn Brush brand new in box. Cost £160.

A pair of #2 Fingerprint just went for over £3oo on eBay. First pair I've seen in a couple of years.

My other pair - a #6 Planet X is in good used condition, are a bit easier to find.

Hello all, I'm a newbie here but not to Oakley collecting. I've owned numerous 90's styles including Razor Blades, Sub Zeros, Zeros, Eye Jackets, Straight Jackets, Full Metal Jackets, E-Wire and X-Metal Romeo and and all have been either broken, sold or stolen except for the X-Metal Romeo. I'm looking to start replacing some of those that were dear to me during my bicycle racing days beginning with Sub Zeros. Does anyone have a break-down of the color/frame combos so I can hopefully start my collection again? I know it won't be easy as these are becoming very scarce, but any help is much appreciated!
Best thing I can say is look daily here, ebay and O-review's for sale section and any Facebook related Oakley collector pages. Have tons of patience and be willing to buy at a serious premium on your first chance for quality pairs because they are coming up less and less in 8.0+ or better for complete pieces. The N2T, #2, 2n fingerprint and #4 blue iridium are becoming as difficult to find as the .2p and .3p that aren't either broken, incomplete or seriously damaged when the rare exceptions does go up for sale. Good luck! :drinks:

Back