• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I was actually hoping she was gonna come thru for you. I’ve had pretty crap luck with getting responses from FB market place. It’s either a non-response or “it’s/they’re sold”. Then the listing sits there for another month or two. Kinda odd that someone posts then doesn’t come thru.

I had two people commit to buying a watch. Twice, I drove to make it convenient for them only for them to not show up, or respond when I messaged them to find out out if they still wanted it.

This thread will serve as the consolidated thread for identifying what Oakley Sunglasses you may have.

I've had a few pairs of oakleys in the past. X_metals which I loved but sold as they looked great in the box but terrible on my face, some frameless ones (why 2.0s I think??) and my all time favourite pair which I must have got back in the early 90s. I love these glasses but I have no idea what model they are. Normally not a problem but Ive noticed over the last year or two that the laminate on the interior of the lense has started to flake away and its causing a distraction while I've got them on. When I bought them I remember the salesmen telling me that the Gold lenses were the same type as the NASA astronauts used on their visors. Might be salesman BS but it sounded good :)

So I've got two questions really: What model are they and wheres the best place to go to to get replacement lenses? Photos below

View attachment 94035
photo

View attachment 94036
photo2

View attachment 94037
photo3
I believe these may actually be counterfeit Oakleys. The Earsocks are the giveaway, in the authentic ones that bump flare is metal, not rubber. Also the temple hinge design and icon are out of place. In this generation the temple hinge should be spring loaded with an icon, or not spring loaded and no icon. I have seen similar one before in person. They are design to look like a mix between original and 2.0 square wires.

I believe these may actually be counterfeit Oakleys. The Earsocks are the giveaway, in the authentic ones that bump flare is metal, not rubber. Also the temple hinge design and icon are out of place. In this generation the temple hinge should be spring loaded with an icon, or not spring loaded and no icon. I have seen similar one before in person. They are design to look like a mix between original and 2.0 square wires.
Did you read past the 10 year old first post in this thread?

Back