• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I would prob say $150-200 for the Romeo 2. It’s going to need new lenses, a tune up and socks
The Juliet maybe around $200-250. It needs lenses and on the high end depends on how bad someone wants a polished one

Hi all,
Would really appreciate some help identifying these sunglasses - I think they’re original eye jackets? I’ve had them for years and managed to break the right arm on them while skiing last week - gutted. I’ve looked on the oakley website for spare parts but they don’t seem to have them - can anyone recommend where best to get a replacement arm (if possible)?

thanks in advance
Steve
AF87DB50-D7C5-4A25-8483-68EEBE2F1360.jpeg
4E1F202C-D9AD-491A-A299-90D14EE29F59.jpeg
747F891B-C31B-45D4-9706-C260FDDD0547.jpeg

Hi all,
Would really appreciate some help identifying these sunglasses - I think they’re original eye jackets? I’ve had them for years and managed to break the right arm on them while skiing last week - gutted. I’ve looked on the oakley website for spare parts but they don’t seem to have them - can anyone recommend where best to get a replacement arm (if possible)?

thanks in advance
Steve
View attachment 705533View attachment 705534View attachment 705535
Hi welcome , yes these are cobalt eye jackets you might be very lucky and find one here , but it is possible to repair these by pinning and gluing the arm then use a piece of shrink tube as a bandage under the earsoock . I had to do this with my cobalt minute .

Last edited:
Great advice from Riga Mortis - the break is in a good place to make a good repair and will be hidden by the ear sock.

These are first generation Eye Jackets which are notorious for being brittle. There is a second generation pair with improved materials which are more durable. Your lenses and ear socks are interchangeable with these.

Hi welcome , yes these are cobalt eye jackets you might be very lucky and find one here , but it is possible to repair these by pinning and gluing the arm then use a piece of shrink tube as a bandage under the earsoock . I had to do this with my cobalt minute .
Hi Riga Mortis (great username!). That’s great, thanks for the advice. I will give this a go - fingers crossed.
When you say “pinning”, did you drill at very small hole and use a piece of metal on the inside, or did you just put a pin along the outside?
Thanks again
Steve

Great advice from Riga Mortis - the break is in a good place to make a good repair and will be hidden by the ear sock.

These are first generation Eye Jackets which are notorious for being brittle. There is a second generation pair with improved materials which are more durable. Your lenses and ear socks are interchangeable with these.
That’s great, thanks for the advice. If the pinning doesn’t work I’ll look into the second generation pair.
Thanks again
Steve

Latest Posts

Back