• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help In Restoring XX Tio2

it doesnt look tht bad dude. adds o the character- the gen2's are more boring with the new plasma..

quzazeme.jpg

See, i told you Al, it looks better that way

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem. I've had a pair of first-gen Ti02's since '99. I wore them for a few years when they were new, but haven't worn them in probably 10 years. I'm looking to sell them, but when I took them out to look at them for the first time in many years, I noticed lots of the black spotting like the OP's photos.

So is the consensus that it's best to just leave it alone? Will it dramatically affect the resale value? I'd say this pair is an overall 8.5/10, matching box serial, documentation, coin, extra nosebombs, X Metal soft vault. Lenses are near perfect, only problem is the spotting.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem. I've had a pair of first-gen Ti02's since '99. I wore them for a few years when they were new, but haven't worn them in probably 10 years. I'm looking to sell them, but when I took them out to look at them for the first time in many years, I noticed lots of the black spotting like the OP's photos.

So is the consensus that it's best to just leave it alone? Will it dramatically affect the resale value? I'd say this pair is an overall 8.5/10, matching box serial, documentation, coin, extra nosebombs, X Metal soft vault. Lenses are near perfect, only problem is the spotting.

throw a pic up here. i would say the best thing you can do is not touch it- tryig to refinish first geb plasma will inly ruin it. i almost feel like minor black spotting is part of the character of the gen1's.

pm me if you want more info ;)

Thanks BriP. Here's a quick pic I snapped with my iPhone. I guess it's really not that bad if I can't even get it to show up well in a photo.

IMG_0213_zps948457e0.jpg

yeah dude those are lovely, i'd love to have a pair of those gen1's, just never got round to it

Thanks man! Guess reading up on this forum got me overly worried about it. I'm a longtime Oakley fanatic, just never really joined the community. Always just bought what I liked and wore them while trying to take care of them!