• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help my juliet THE FRAME has a Sligth WIGGLE

Ahh...the nose bridge. X-man is definitely the guy you need from all the positive reviews I have read on here. My offer of $50 still stands though :spiteful:

Ahh...the nose bridge. X-man is definitely the guy you need from all the positive reviews I have read on here. My offer of $50 still stands though :spiteful:
Oh, its polished, in that case I guess I'd double his offer ;) But seriously, x-man will do them up right!

The nose is supposed to flex, if the movement is only slight then it's not necessarily a problem. The orbital gasket on the left isn't installed properly either - and does the right even have one?

Trust me on this, a month ago I never knew of the X Man. I had 2 pairs of Juliets, one was very loose, the others seldom get worn. I found the forum, contacted Mark, shipped them off, in 5 days they were back and all I can say is Wow!!!!!!! I had Oakley rebuild them before and the results was sub par. Mark is cheaper, and the work he does is far superior. He has learned that the rubber Oakley used in the nose bridge would literally fall apart over time creating the looseness. He uses a different material that doesn't break down over time. Many have worn them for years and they are still tight. I was so impressed by his work, I bought a 3rd pair and this pair he refinished in a color option that I have wanted for a long time. Price wise, I feel it's better to pay for the refinish job and Mark still tightens them up as part of the service, even if Oakley still did this work, and some say yes, some say no, it don't matter, mine will always go to the X Man!!!!!!! I get no credit nor do I know him personally, just sharing my expierence.
NCH

The nose is supposed to flex, if the movement is only slight then it's not necessarily a problem. The orbital gasket on the left isn't installed properly either - and does the right even have one?
2nd this opinion. The nose is supposed to flex a little to make them adjust to your head and face rather than just gouging you. Too much flex can cause them to fall off your face or not sit properly on your face, and that's when a tune up is required.

Latest Posts

Back