• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Help Sizing a Zero 0.4 (1993)

fretburner79

O-Educator
I just grabbed a pair off of ebay and I'm afraid they're going to be too big for my face. I've never owned a pair and have nothing to compare it to. I've searched the forums and found a few pics of them on faces, but couldn't tell much. Frames that fit me best are 1st and 2nd gen Fives and Minutes. Flaks, Half Jackets, and Juliets are my limit. I can't do Jawbones or anything from that family. Narrower frames look best on me, square or round. Maybe these would be comparable to a Mars?

Can anyone post a pic here on face or give me some comparisons to other frames? It would be a great help. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Depends. Seems that even the different 0.4 frames fit differently. The squared seem a bit more narrow. I attached photos.

IMG_20160515_121226042.jpg

IMG_20160515_121242175.jpg

They are standard, not squared. Your top pic looks like the newer (1999), rounded stem version of the 4.0. Am I wrong about that? I'm not very knowledgeable on Zeros. The bottom pair are the ones I have coming. These pics help, though. Those look sweet on you.

What non-Zero frame would you compare them to? Mars? R1? Frog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I have the hardest time telling what zeros are what but I believe the cobalt ones are a golf variation so I think those are 99. The black ones are an original 0.4 from 93. The arms are the main difference. The squared arms are the ones I like.

The closest I would say would be maybe a XX? But they feel smaller on. They are a lot smaller than like radars or something like that. I think they work well on a wide array of faces. They are a nice middle ground.

If you ever tire of them I'm sure there are a few members here that would buy em off you. Me included. ;)

Awesome. I appreciate you taking the time to share your pics and help. If they don't fit I won't be keeping them. Will keep you mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back