• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help with first pair of oakleys!

The Dark Gnat

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Hello all,

I purchased my first ever pair of Oakley sunglasses yesterday, but I am still not sold on what I purchased. I bought a pair of custom Fuel Cell glasses with the vr28 BIP lenses. I like them, but I am torn with how the feel vs the turbines. Also, I am also torn between the vr28s and the PRIZM daily polarized lenses. Any advice is welcome.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing you want us to tell you which one is better?

What matters is how they feel to you while wearing them and what lens you're liking better also.

Both lenses are great, as are both frames, Empire. Like Frank said above...it's your call. Can't go wrong with either.

:welcome: to the forum
I like the Daily prizm better then the VR28 BIP but thats just me. Fuel Cells and Turbines are both great sunglasses but if you want a more active pair
i would go with the Turbines but if you just want a every day pair you could go with both

Lol....I wish I could get both but I also got a clearance pair of M2s with OO Red Iridium lens for 50% off, so I need to choose one or the other. Really for me it comes down to the lenses. I just want peoples opinion on them. Is there much difference in contrast between the VR28s and the Prizms? And how do the Prizm's contrast compare to the OO red IP

The prizm daily is a better general purpose lens imho, but the VR28 BIP works better with snow and very bright light. Both lenses are great.

Which lenses would be better for coaching in the middle of the summer all day in the sun?

I switch between the Vr28 and the Prizm based on the intensity of the sun. I am highly sensitive to light so, I go with Prizm regularly, unless the sunlight is too strong. At that point, I switch over to Vr28.

Latest Posts

Back