• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help with mumbo/mframe i.d.

Unobtanium

Oakley Enthusiast
I've been a fan of Mumbos since day 1, but since putting them away for a few(or more) years, and finding myself confused by pics on the web,...I serouliously cant tell a gen1 from a hole in the ground. My 1st pair(front) were originally sold as mumbos( as were the blue iridium and positive red lenses) after that was pretty much Mframe. I thought a gen.1 mframe was actually a mumbo, and consequently any mframe was g2 at best. I've tried to search here, but keep getting distracted by all the shiny ****, and am now almost too confused to care anymore. Can anyone here talk to me like a two year old so I can get a grip please?
20211024_204534.jpg

Can't tell if the one in the front is a gen 1 or a Gen 2 based on the angle of the picture. The mumbo came out first, then shortly after the name was changed to M Frame. On the boxes it would say M Frame Mumbo with hammers. The original Mumbo was only available in three frame colors. White black or yellow. If that is the original lens that came with it, it would be a late gen 1or gen 2 M Frame, not a Mumbo.

What about the other 3?
2 with a raised text oakley on left and made in USA on right
1 just has Oakley on left

The pair with the red lens are gen 2. Gen 1 had OAKLEY on the arms. The other 3 are "New" M Frame.
Ok, this makes sense to me now , thank you
Is that the only difference between gen 1/2?
These gen 2 were actually purchased to replace my original mumbos testing now on the bottom of lake Ontario 🤦‍♂️

Thanks guys, seeing the pic made me remember hating that they switched to the O. Instead of the Oakley text. In those days, I hated the clear boxes cause I thought they looked cheap 🤦‍♂️

Back