• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need help with restoring an Oakley Mag Switch prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally someone with some damn manners... Yeah I'm not saying that Bonz is gonna scam me or anything, I bet he's a really nice guy but I have no coverage if they are damaged in the mail or if he accidentally messes something up, etc. That's what I'm afraid of and I'm kinda done for now when it comes to sending random people money, last time I did that it was quite a mess
You were given 3 pages of damn manners bud. Nothing is more irritating than someone who comes here, ask for help, is given the best advice possible, directed to the best person for the job, then disrespects everyone who tried to help with something as stupid as trying to glue the precious glasses of yours back together (which will render them useless). I personally do not need to be liked and heck if I am going to sit here and let you throw doubt on BONZ (not just a random guy on the internet), one of the nicest people here! Trust me... we care more about the glasses than anything you are worried about. Though they are nice glasses they fall on the bottom of the scale for value at about $200. BONZ handles and is trusted with $1200 pairs daily. My advice at this point is sell them to someone who will bring them back to life properly or follow the advice given. It is true... there are allot nicer people than me here. With that said I am out of this. Apology accepted and I am just a little bit sorry myself if that makes you feel better... I just don't deal well with idiocracy in the morning....

Deleted some comments. Please keep it civil, please.

No warning points have been given, as I understand people feel passionate about their point of view and are operating from different world views (possibly pragmatic non-collector vs bunch of enthusiasts/purists). But that won’t be the case from here on.

Like the others have said, I’d send to @Bonz-1 to fix or customise.

To answer your question, I don’t think glue will affect the magnesium (unless there is water content in the glue), but as has been said, they will break again after very limited use due to the flex forces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back